Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Info for American Fork wood situation and adjustment for the gage reading.

Go down

Info for American Fork wood situation and adjustment for the gage reading. Empty Info for American Fork wood situation and adjustment for the gage reading.

I got a good inventory today for what needs to be cleaned up this fall. From the bottom of Sawmill through the Upper Middle Run there are about three limbo logs that could be removed. In the Park Run at Swinging Bridge there is a large pine fallen parallel with the river that can be skirted around but it has a few small limbs in the way. The next wood is a mandatory portage consisting of two large logs not far above the Lower Run put-in (above Carnage Corner.) There is another log jam just below carnage corner, barely squeezed around it. And finally there is a river wide log half way between Goat Boof and Staircase that I slid over today. The river is actually the cleanest Ive ever seen it today in the last four years. Only one portage in the 4 mile stretch! I would also like to do some trimming of lower branches within the lower run and cut out some taller limbo logs above Staircase because that kept me off the river this spring.

Also the gage read at about 170 cfs, but Im pretty sure it was pretty close to 70 cfs. That doesnt neccesarily mean subtract 100 cfs from whatever the gage says when its at high water as the channel width and the river bed coarseness as far as boulder size and general topography at that gage site may have changed, as apposed to just filling up some with an even layer of sediment. I just think perhaps subtracting a 100 cfs when the river looks to be at a low level like it is today.
scotticus

Paddling Since : 2007

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit