Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve

+2
wasatchbill
LwC
6 posters

Go down

Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve Empty Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

It's 300 cfs and dropping quickly, so there's likely not much time left to get on this. Pete and I are going to run it 4-5-ish. Pete agree's the gauge shows high based on our collective experience and were are estimating it at a good-higher, but not death-defying flow (what we used to know as 150-175 cfs flow). The run is very clean of wood...probably the cleanest I have ever seen, and the rapids look cleaner due to high water scouring. Those interested are welcome to come with. I will probably not post here again with an open invitation about doing a run (cause no one ever actually shows up except Pete and Rodney anyway-probably a reflection of me, not the river...cause you would like the river if you got to know it).
C-dub, if yer bored and wanna play photographer, come on down.

Back to top Go down

Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve Empty Re: Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

Good to go from Squiggles down wood wise. Pete and I got the log out of Goat Boof. The run feels considerably different. Pushy with slappy holes. Gun Barrel especially. The gauge is way off. Flows are medium currently (just under 300 cfs) and I have changed the run description to reflect this, and have estimated subsequent lower flow ranges. The run is dropping fast and may only have a week or so left (if that) at this rate.

Back to top Go down

Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve Empty Re: Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve

Post by LwC Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

We are heading over today. What mile marker or bridge is the best put in right now. upper timp section looks the most fun. Is it good to go.

LwC

Paddling Since : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by LwC Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:04 pm

Worthy run... Much more entertaining that expected. Thanks for keeping it clean. 300 or so is a great flow. wouldn't want to run it much under 250

LwC

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:54 am

Sorry I missed todays run; thanks for the flow info. I will be bummed if I have missed this run this year. Maybe you can update the "FLOWS" section in the Lower AF run description sometime. Maybe Wed or Thurs I can get down there for a run.
I did see that LCC is pretty low today; so it makes sense that AF would be getting low.

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by bencpeters Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:26 pm

anyone interest in going tonight?

bencpeters

Paddling Since : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:59 pm

I could do a run tonight lets say 530 at the catch pond. (Entrance/Exit of the Canyon)

Pete

Pedro

Paddling Since : Year

Back to top Go down

Post by unattendedboat Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

anybody for a wednesday or thursday run, never been on but want to give it a try
unattendedboat
unattendedboat

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Running the American Fork this afternoon/eve Empty To LwC

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:14 am

What section(s) did you run and what class would you rate it at? Looking to get some consensus on the rating.

Back to top Go down

Post by LwC Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:19 am

I would have to say its class 4+ at 290 or so. Wouldn't recommend to a class 4 boater. Technical class 5- skills needed. We put in on your recomendation knowing it might be clean. After the tunnel crossing at small turn out downhill side of road above river left trail at mile marker 9.7 or so. There looked to be some nice rapids above the bridge that contained some wood. This might be the end of the timp run? Looked like it had potential for a complete run from timp caves to catch pond. With some dedicated wood removal...We will come over this fall and see if we can move some of the more permanent wood.

LwC

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 01 Aug 2011, 11:56 am

So, LwC, did you put in below Squiggles (tight moves through van-sized boulders, right after the river crosses under the road)?
Anyone get on this at the current 240-250 flows? Would you call that "medium" Daniel (something like 100 on the old gauge?)?
If AF is still in the 80-100 old-gauge-range, I'm still hoping to get on it sometime this week.

The Logan was good this weekend..

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by scotticus Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:04 am

It felt like it was in the 100-125 range today, Still alot of fun.

scotticus

Paddling Since : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by LwC Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:41 pm

By reading on eddy flower again... it looks like we put in well above Boneyard. Squiggles was about half way down the run or so. Right above where we put in the river was back on the left side of the road. Went through a tight tunnel under road after several bigger rapids. 2 out of 3 contained wood. The drop on the bend the wood almost looked permanent.

LwC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down