Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Logan @900

Go down

Logan @900 Empty Logan @900

Bridger is still class II+ at 900. Its a little washed out. I am told the surfing is better in the 700-800 range. Some low brush could make it class III I guess. This is a good beginner run, although its short. Since it ends in a pond, you would probably not lose any gear in case of a swim, and you can do some roll practice in the pond too. The water is still cold, maybe 50.
We put in about a quarter mile above Bridger, at a very low bridge, which has wood on it. Putting in higher (like below 3rd dam) is not recommended due to that low bridge with wood.

Then, we had a great time on the upper 2/3 of the "upper Logan" run. 900 is a really great flow. We put in 1.1 miles above Ricks Springs, to get the best of the Red Banks section, without taking up too much time since it was late. Right below Ricks Spring, the waves really pick up.
The 50 foot slide visible from the road has a strong lateral at the bottom on the left, and almost flipped some of us. Great rapids continue into the wilderness stretch, with some decent surf waves too. Playboaters would like this stretch. These rapids don't seem to have lost much punch compared to the 1300 level, with some technical eddies to catch if you feel like it. Then it mellows out in the wilderness meanders, with great vistas of cliffs and forest. After crossing back under the road, some more rapids really keep your attention, such a great level. I am always surprised there are not more paddlers on this run. It was unusual to even see the one other group we did see yesterday. We took out at dusk, at the pullout loop a half mile above Monolith. Some locals used the exact same takeout before us; they said that is the only big takeout eddy above the riverwide log (.4 miles above Monolith).
If we had more daylight, we would have reset shuttle to do Monolith down to St Annes; that would have added 4 more IV rapids. As it was, we did about 4 miles, with some sustained IV- and IV sections. In general this is a narrow river, with some brush near the banks, but usually a clear line down the middle. I'd be psyched to go back up there tomorrow. I have room for a rider or two from Riverdale.
If this sounds like your thing, give me a ring!
Cheers-
Bill
8O1 6O8 1357
wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Logan @900 :: Comments

Post Mon 01 Aug 2011, 11:59 am by wasatchbill

We went back up to the Logan this weekend; 550 on the gauge. Heard of a couple locals still running Staircase, and the 2nd dam drop (3 tiered 15 footer). Woodcamp and Bridger are gtg; upper Logan looks reasonably good too. We ran Woodcamp all the way to 3rd dam; there is one big log below Card, sneakable left. Quite a bit of brush below Card. If anyone wants to clean up a II+ section, this and Bridger could use some work, and they are quality.

Last edited by wasatchbill on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Jeff Young

Post Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:26 pm by Jeff Young

I heard there was a river wide log a short distance above Monolith and a log on top of one of the rocks in Monolith thats causing an issue, just a heads up

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm by wasatchbill

Yep, those logs are still there. Amazing to me that the riverwide log did not blow out at the high flood levels. It bent but did not break.
http://www.utrivers.com/t744-logan-wood#3620

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down