Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Logan coming up

5 posters

Go down

Logan coming up Empty Logan coming up

Post by Dave Mon 13 May 2013, 10:04 am

Had a good turnout this last weekend... a few people showed up. Ran the town section at about 300… was nice! Some more showed up. Then grilled some burgers in the back yard. Afterward, did rick springs down to Woodcamp. Rick springs was bony down to the top of the upper, which was still a little bony, but fun. Got off the river and realized it was down to 288. Then Sunday did a few more runs on the upper with some locals at 350... was really nice! All in all, it was a good weekend. Thanks to everybody for showing up.

.... Now the Logan's at 402. Starts to feel like a real class III+/IV- at about 450, so… anyone wanting to run Logan... just holler.

-Dave Smile

Last edited by Dave on Tue 14 May 2013, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Logan coming up Empty Re: Logan coming up

Post by Dave Tue 14 May 2013, 10:16 am

UPDATE: Logan's at 484.... mmm tasty!!!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed 15 May 2013, 8:30 am

Dang... 508!... No bony-ness at this level, just good solid nonstop class III+/IV- fun from top to bottom!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TyUSU Wed 15 May 2013, 1:35 pm

Anyone interested in a few laps around 5pm?
Ty 435 237 twenty thirty
TyUSU
TyUSU

Paddling Since : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu 16 May 2013, 12:21 am

Thanks Ty and Nick. Did upper at 470… Was Beautimus!!! Last half of the upper actually felt a little exciting again... consistently. Amazing the difference 200 CFS can make between last Saturday and today!

Anyone else... tomorrow? Friday? Saturday? All sections are running... You can even bump your way down staircase now! It looks like it will peak sometime between tomorrow and Sunday. I'm up here if anyone wants to go… Might just have to take off some time from work for the Mighty Logan at this flow! Holler... for threee fivve too thhre too ffive thrre ate thrre
Peace :-)

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by telekopter2 Thu 16 May 2013, 12:48 am

trying to convince a friend it's prime and she has the skillz.

another friend is more definitely in so, i'm pretty sure we'll be up sat. b4 bear race. how far a drive is evanston from logan?

we'd run logan early a.m. before the bear if we can, then haul ass to evanston. might be a bit ambitious. . but really want to boat logan at this flow.

let me know if your schedule works for an a.m. run dave. cheers!

tk

telekopter2

Paddling Since : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu 16 May 2013, 10:04 am

Yeah, for sure man. Just give me a holler.

Everything on Logan is running. That means there are class II and III sections for your friend as well. And it peaks between 8 and 10 AM... if that helps.

Evanston is about an hour and a half up over Logan Canyon, so if you leave straight from the river, probably closer to an hour.

Anyway, would love to boat. Cheers :-)

-Dave

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu 16 May 2013, 3:24 pm

Logan's above 500… :-)

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by telekopter2 Thu 16 May 2013, 11:50 pm

Psyched. sent you a text just now. plans not worked out entirely but i'll be up there early sat. a.m. 80% sure. what a weekend. bv, scrambled eggs, logan, and record hi flows at evanston. Not too shabby.

edit: gettin late. i'll text you in the a.m. in case you're sleepin now. cheers.

telekopter2

Paddling Since : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri 17 May 2013, 9:48 am

Hey TK, I received no text. Just sent you a PM. Don't have your number, so… Here's my number again…
four 3 five. two 3 two. five 3 eight 3.
Cheers Smile

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat 18 May 2013, 3:13 am

Did Upper Logan again today at 498... run is really changing now that the water is well over most of the rocks... finally back to a busy/fun class IV-. Lots of good features coming in now.

Two groups heading up tomorrow. One morning, one afternoon! Holler if you want to join.

Remember, there's lot's of river up here to boat, and a section for all skill levels...

... Second Dam: class I+, Bridger: class II+, Woodcamp: class III+ (with a portigeable class IV- rapid), Town: class III with a few exciting (class III+, and portigeable) features, and the Mighty Upper: a busy class IV-

My number is mentioned above.

Peace,
-Dave

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat 18 May 2013, 10:18 pm

Group of us did upper at 498. Then Woodcamp. Good water, good folks, good times. Thanks for showing up peeps. Untill next time Smile

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Newty Mon 20 May 2013, 11:02 pm

is the logan still holding?
Newty
Newty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 21 May 2013, 10:58 am

Yup. Most everything on the Logan is still flowing good. Have been boating all over the Logan almost every day since it started going up. Anyone wanting to boat, holler. My number's above.

Ran the town section yesterday at about 350, one of the best flows for that section... lots of NICE on-the-fly surf waves, and the diversion drop and V wave were quite beefy, but not dangerously so - yet (get kinda rough above 450). Upper sections are also great at this level, not real bony till it gets down to about 300. Above 450 it's consistent busy water and class IV- moves with few on-the-fly surf waves (and some nice w/ eddy service).

I'm hoping after today's weather, it will get back up to 450 or so for tomorrow and the next day, before it starts going down. It might get up to 400 today. I'm hoping to boat it after work if anyone wants to join.
SYOTR Smile

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ballen Sat 25 May 2013, 11:33 pm

What is the best park and play spot on the Logan and where is it? I am passing through Monday and wonder if it is worth spending a few minutes somewhere. Should be around 350. Thanks

ballen

Paddling Since : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun 26 May 2013, 1:47 pm

The V Wave is good fun till about 300, then it starts getting a little meaty. It's best at 250. Monday morning it will probably be about 330-ish. Monday afternoon probably about 310-ish. You could give that a try. I'll get the address of it, and re-post in a bit.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon 27 May 2013, 2:00 am

The V wave is at 100 north, Riverside Dr (about 850 Ea). Park across the bridge on your right, but don't climb the fence... walk back across the bridge and enter from Riverside Drive. There's 2 other park and play waves up the canyon (both about 10 to 15 minutes up) but not sure you want to drive that far. There is one (nice and fast front surf) about 10 yards before mile marker 470 and one (where you can surf and spin) about 1 tenth mile past mile marker 472 (about 4 tenths of a mile above Woodcamp campground). Also, there's some of us heading up after work, if you end up heading up that late, feel free to join. Just holler :-) Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ballen Mon 27 May 2013, 7:43 am

Wow. Great info. I will be headed through around 2. Thanks for the offer though.

ballen

Paddling Since : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down