Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

AF coming into condition soon

Go down

AF coming into condition soon Empty AF coming into condition soon

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

Now that everyone is honed and gnarly from paddling high water, come check out the AF. It's still a bit on the high side, but I'm not quite sure it is as high in the river as the gauge is indicating. There is some new wood to scout for (one below Goat boof for sure, likely others) but over all looks pretty clean (from a motorbike from the road). I'm thinking 250 on the gauge will be a good level, but I'll only know for sure once it drops to there and I can get on the water.
High water has changed most of the river and rapids, hopefully for the better. It will be like doing a first D. I'm guessing next weekend will be good for those staying local.
Let me know if anyone is interested and I will try and make some time for a run. Fri night or Sat is a possibility, unless I head out of town. Come check it out. It's really not as sketchy and hairy as rumor has it....or is it???

Back to top Go down

AF coming into condition soon Empty Might be there now

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

I did a scout during a road run tonight and it looks good to go except for one bad log. It's just below Goat Boof in the run out after the boof. It's riverwide, chest to water surface height, about 1 foot wide. A few cuts with a chain saw should do the trick.
The named drops are looking class V- to V, and the stuff between at class IV. I checked from Carnage Corner to the take out. Spicy. Anyone game for a run tommorrow?

Back to top Go down

AF coming into condition soon Empty Re: AF coming into condition soon

Post by wasatchbill Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:31 am

376 right now.. Whats the highest its been run, I thought it was like 250.
Theres only one log from Carnage Corner to the takeout? Nothing in Squiggles?
Headed to Logan tomorrow; but later in the week, I'd try a low start.

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

AF coming into condition soon Empty Amazing clean

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

High water really scrubbed out the wood. Yeah, nothing in squiggles. I haven't looked upstream in detail, but from the road it looks really good until the upper run, which has some road-visible wood.
Rodney and I did a run at 400, but we started at the end of Gun Barrel. Otherwise, it has been run around 150 or just above (old gauge).
I'm thinking the current gauge 376 is closer to the old gauge 200. Not sure which flow is more accurate, or if it is due to the riverbed being scoured.
The run has some spice right now. Carnage Corner looks shorter height wise with a clean line left of center. Boneyard looks powerful, technical and tough. UP&L has one powerful hole at the top, but looks like it will go easily enough. Exploder looks pushy but cleaner. Squiggles looks...well like Squiggles-kinda like you will just squeek by. the entranxce looks a lot cleaner though.
1st boof is powerful, but easily missed right. Goat Boof looks powerful with big boil and a lot of water heading back into the hole. Maybe a clean boof with follow up "paddling with a purpose" will make this a go.
Faith looks straight forward (from the road looking through the trees). Gun Barrel looks good with one powerful hole of concern in the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:35 pm

The old NOAA gauge hasn't changed location, has it?
The old NOAA gauge has the same cfs values as the new USGS gauge as far as I can tell; what am I missing;

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

AF coming into condition soon Empty No clue

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

I'm not a very smart man. Just looks lower that what the gauge says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum