Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

price canyon on sat...

+3
afaust
Mark B.
johnnie a.
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

price canyon on sat... Empty price canyon on sat...

Post by johnnie a. Fri 08 Oct 2010, 1:53 pm

brian c and myself are rallying from provo at 9am to boat the price. if interested in joining in... h2o-rehab@hotmail.com 8017354913
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

price canyon on sat... Empty Re: price canyon on sat...

Post by Mark B. Fri 08 Oct 2010, 5:15 pm

I'm interested. Any guess on water levels? I don't really want to donate plastic all day, but maybe with the recent rain it's juicy? Thanks!
Mark B.
Mark B.

Paddling Since : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Fri 08 Oct 2010, 5:20 pm

no idea on the level. pretty sure it will be bony, but very boat-able... latest i've ever done it was mid-october. super beautiful, super bony, but creekin' in october in utah is a treat no matter the amount of water(you are hearin' from a feller whom has boated 2 cups and a teaspoon before; so, take everything i say w/ a grain of the salt river...)
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Fri 08 Oct 2010, 11:59 pm

Would love to come... I called, texted, and e-mailed. Sick of tests and studying and need to get out... study

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sat 09 Oct 2010, 2:07 am

Interesting idea! I was gonna look at lower 6th water, and run it from .8 miles up. Arrow
Suspect

Last edited by wasatchbill on Mon 11 Oct 2010, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Sat 09 Oct 2010, 11:07 am

Sadly... change of plans for me personally. My wife is out of town and my sitter can only watch my daughter until noon. Bummer that it didn't work out. Have fun!

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sun 10 Oct 2010, 11:28 am

How was it? Anyone for lower 6th water?
Cool Exclamation Suspect elephant

Last edited by wasatchbill on Mon 09 May 2011, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by unattendedboat Sun 10 Oct 2010, 5:31 pm

how much more did you clean last night? im thinking of going up after work this week to do some more work on it.
unattendedboat
unattendedboat

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 11 Oct 2010, 12:39 am

I did a couple runs on lower 6th this afternoon. According to my bike odometer, first putin was .89 miles (slightly less than 9/10ths of a mile) from the 3 forks trailhead. Second run I put in a bit lower, to avoid a congested left turn. This stretch is tight busy bumpy IV, reminds me of lower AF (woody too Smile ). If you like AF, you'd like this.

Last edited by wasatchbill on Mon 11 Oct 2010, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 10:41 am

How much flow is in there? When I ran it a few years back there was only one float-able line for most of the run, and I thought calling it a IV would be generous. But perhaps my memory is froggy.

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 11 Oct 2010, 11:43 am

Its not as much water as we would like, but its the best flow I know of within a couple hours. I see that the Syar gauge bumped up from 32 to 33. Who hoo!! Guessing 55 in the lower 6th water, below the 5th water confl. An AF-like flow :-). It appeared to go up 6" with the rain; then back down when I did it.

Maybe lower 6th is IV-; dunno; thinking about lower AF, its not as hard as those cruxes; but then that is called IV+. I would not take a class III boater down it. There is mainly one line; with alot of sharp lefts and rights in the new section.

The main downside (aside from low flow bumpiness) is that its a boat hike. If anything else was running, we probably wouldn't be talking about a mile of boulder-bumping Cool , but it was fun enough to do twice. I am trying to think of the boat hike as a positive; great aerobics Cool sunny

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 6:01 pm

It's in that Utarded Elf category(class/who needs it). I agree. Nothing super technical, but I would most likely not take a first year boater down it either. As to the hike, at least there is a nice trail.

Back to top Go down

Post by unattendedboat Mon 11 Oct 2010, 6:09 pm

there are actually some fairly intense moves in there (but Im just a friggin pussy), Ill go up with mr chain saw and have at it tuesday or wednesday and see if i can get that tenth cleaned up.

Last edited by unattendedboat on Mon 11 Oct 2010, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
unattendedboat
unattendedboat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 6:28 pm

Perhaps something has changed. Last time I ran it was winter of 2004 or 2005 preparing for my first OR trip and the only memorable intense move was getting out of the boat before going under the ice bridges. Flows were about what Bill described.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Mon 11 Oct 2010, 6:39 pm

There is this really intense move on a v10 in Joes Valley. I guess that depends on who you talk to...
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 6:53 pm

And, thanks for the work on the wood guys. Might give it another run this winter.

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 11 Oct 2010, 9:09 pm

Most of the V1s in the Front Ogden are pretty intense, if you ask me Suspect
Darn rating systems!

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 11 Oct 2010, 10:09 pm

BTW, sounds like the authorities were ticketing folks at the hot springs on the weekend;

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by unattendedboat Mon 11 Oct 2010, 10:14 pm

C-dub wrote:Perhaps something has changed. Last time I ran it was winter of 2004 or 2005 preparing for my first OR trip and the only memorable intense move was getting out of the boat before going under the ice bridges. Flows were about what Bill described.

Well if thats what you remember then I guess not do it...? Im not sure how you could have had any fun at all. you must have portaged near 20 trees... I'd be pissin and moanin the whole way down if i had to go down that choked with trees. we'll get a green light on it and come back and see if its any better. its no Oggy narrows but its a hella lot better than nuthin. Very Happy
unattendedboat
unattendedboat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010, 10:40 pm

I honestly don't remember any wood(maybe vaguely). Perhaps that is why I took it off of my return to list. Either way, Bill showed me his pics and it looks like a lot of fun. I do remember when we ran it we put in after a section that was heavily wood clogged three quarters to a mile above the bottom parking lot.

Thanks for the Email bill. If so motivated(not likely) go for a hike after Huck Fest?.

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 11 Oct 2010, 11:00 pm

Maybe the day before or after huckfest? Dunno if I'll have the energy after Huckapaloozafestivus-fest alien

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Mon 11 Oct 2010, 11:02 pm

There appears to be nice camping around the Celestial Gorge putin, I noticed. There are also some good primitive sites along 5th water, upstream from 3 forks, but still on the paved road. Saturday night campout, Sunday lower 6th water?

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Mon 11 Oct 2010, 11:37 pm

If I wasn't doing Westwater on Sunday, I'd be down for that. If you do that another weekend, I'd be game.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Tue 12 Oct 2010, 12:12 am

Most likely! Really fantastic area; there is rock climbing too. There is one new bolt route I've seen on the drive in, in that picnic area, redrock something, on the left going in, about halfway. There is another epic campsite under a cliff overhang, but its a 1.2 mile hike;

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Tue 12 Oct 2010, 12:21 am

Damn, that might make for an interesting weekend. With me being out of climbing for a bit, 5.9 might be my limit until I see how my digits take to crimping again.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next