Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Little Cottonwood Creek Running

+6
n8
nick
wasatchbill
Meeker
Compton Boater
Dave
10 posters

Go down

Little Cottonwood Creek Running Empty Little Cottonwood Creek Running

Post by Dave Tue 05 Jun 2012, 12:37 am

Just passed by Little cottonwood creek and it looked like a mix between Ogden narrows and bridal veil. Scouted most of the bottom mile before it exits the canyon and it looks a little bony, but SUPER fun. Has a couple good sized drops, one about 10-15 feet. Anyone have any experience with this run. Am heading back tomorrow to get some pics, maybe run it. Any info appreciated.

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Little Cottonwood Creek Running Empty Re: Little Cottonwood Creek Running

Post by Compton Boater Tue 05 Jun 2012, 9:25 am

That lower stretch is run regularly. If it's clean, it's fun. IV+. I think even the New Testament has it in there, otherwise its on Eddyflower.

Compton Boater

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeker Tue 05 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

I ran the lower stretch once last year. Pretty fun close run to slc. Id be down to
check it out after work tonight. Maybe 6ish if anybody else is interested.

Meeker

Paddling Since : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 05 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

Awesome, thanks Nick. At this level, it looks like a bumpy 4-. With a little more water, could be an AWESOME 4+.

Meeker, I'm free at 6 also. Four three five 232 5 three 83. Anyone else is welcome.

Also, looks like there's some fun stuff after it exits the canyon and.enters the neighborhood. Anyone know if that part is runnable, or a good place to take out if you go that far?

Last edited by Dave on Tue 05 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Tue 05 Jun 2012, 1:00 pm

http://eddyflower.com/RunDetailstabs.aspx?RunId=305#/home
"Be sure to takeout before the dangerous diversion structure just past the road", downstream of La Caille.
I see that the recommended flow on that run descr is 300+; looks like it got to 150 yesterday. I have not seen this run with enough water, but I don't live down there either. I would scout the 94th street bridge for wood. Let me know how it goes!

AF is at 110, which should be ok for the lower section.

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 05 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

Yeah Bill, it's definately bony, and kind of channeled out, but at this point better than nothing... I think. If anything, it's only 5 min from where I'm staying, and that lower mile is definately runnable, but probably more like the upper Logan at 310. Hopefully meeker can give a second opinion. Either way, had only seen the real narrow parts from the road up higher... never knew it widened out to a real fun looking run. Will see, and let ya know Smile just me so far Meek.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 05 Jun 2012, 4:20 pm

With the drop in temps, it probably won't be like yesterday, but will hopefully get another hot spell before its too late. Definately going to keep an eye on this one. Still heading up between 4 & 6. Will post when Im on my way.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeker Tue 05 Jun 2012, 6:30 pm

Hey. Just shot you a text. I'm down to scrape some plastic off my boat if you are.

Meeker

Paddling Since : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by nick Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:39 am

did you guys end up boating it? if so how was it?

nick

Paddling Since : '11

Back to top Go down

Post by n8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

Hey Dave. I've run the creek road to i-215 section a bunch this season. The creek narrows there in relation to the la caille driveway to creekroad section. Like Bill said, there is a mandatory portage to be aware of about a mile in and there is also some major wood that needs cleaned. There are also 10+ drops through a golf course with a nice slide into them. Lately, the creek reaches its highest level around midnight to 3 am. Makes for a fun run in a headlamp and near full moon. The creekroad section/i-215 section is a fun class 2 with some debris to get around. I live on LCC. Feel free to give me a ring anytime you wanna run it.

Nate
304-906-0five4five

n8

Paddling Since : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by cslebn Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:56 pm

Nate

Is that stretch really runnable right now? I took a peak at it on my drive home about 20 mins ago and it looked like bones.

Does it really gain that much at night?

cslebn

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Thu 07 Jun 2012, 7:03 pm

Would love to see a run description with putin and takeout mapped; I'll put it on AW. They have a great mapping interface btw. Check out the AW Grand Canyon run descr map.

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by mcirque Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:41 pm

wasatchbill wrote:Would love to see a run description with putin and takeout mapped; I'll put it on AW. They have a great mapping interface btw. Check out the AW Grand Canyon run descr map.

Almost as good as this:

http://riverbrain.com/map/show_coord?lat=36.86595059&long=-111.58630441

mcirque

Paddling Since : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by n8 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:09 pm

i dont think i've run it since that last stretch of hot days we had around last friday. depending on how hot the day ive seen lcc come up as much as 8 inches from mid afternoon to midnight. theres a visual gauge on the i-215 overpass diversion. the past week its been running below 1 foot. a week ago at midnight i took a playboat down it a couple times at 2'. That was the last time i ran it. it can be bumped down in a creeker at a foot but i usually dont bump it unless its at at least 1.5'. All of this info is referring only to the lcc creekroad to i-215 section. The la caille driveway to creek road section needs to be around 2' (and cleaned)for a bump and run because some sections get considerably wider (golf course and neighborhood before golf course).

nate

n8

Back to top Go down

Post by cslebn Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

I looked at this morning (8 am ish) at creek road and it was up about 2-3x from where it had been last night. Looking up river I don't think it was high enough to run from 3010 E 8950 S to creek road.

cslebn

Back to top Go down

Post by n8 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:45 pm

yea man. for sure too low. if it gets hot enough today id be down for a midnight run. might be the last of the season. give me ring if you wanna go.

nate
three04-906-0five 45

n8

Back to top Go down

Post by BrayD Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

http://www.pweng.slco.org/flood/streamFlow/index.cfm

There's a gauge, at Crestwood Park. The Wasatch Resort Bridge to La Caille stretch usually has less water due to a power diversion, which makes it so that stretch is rarely runnable, which is sad.

Cheers,
Brady

BrayD

Paddling Since : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:21 am

The first time I went there it was at 150. When Meeker and I went there it was only 67.
Also... the gauge is at the Jordan River confluence so… I'm thinking the peak at midnight... at the guage... might equate to a peak in Cottonwood Canyon... at about - nine or 10 PM... Which is closer to the time I saw it the first time. Anyway, it was bony enough when I saw it at 150... and any lower than that, and i personally don't think its worth it, and I'm getting pretty desperate too Smile But I am going to keep a close eye on this run for that slight chance of one more good temp or rain spike, So… Nate, be ready for a call - come the next really hot day/ sevier rain storm. It just looks too fun to miss Smile

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by n8 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

Cool cool. I'm in.

n8

Back to top Go down

Post by kristie Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm

i want to come. i have a waterproof headlamp Smile

kristie

Paddling Since : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:36 am

Ooooh, just the thought of a night ride sounds really cool. I've heard friends talk about them, but never had the opportunity... Wooow, the concept really stirs the imagination! Anyway, now that others are also willing, I'm pretty sure I'd be down like a clown. So... Kristie, PM Nate or I your digits, so if we go, we'll holler at ya. But be forewarned... it might be sudden or late... who knows... could be BOTH, lol. Smile

Last edited by Dave on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

Down like a clown - dude, that is your byline now! alien

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:46 am

LOL! I don't even know what a byline is, but whatever it is, it's cracking me up! cheers

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by kristie Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:17 am

801-910-6948.

kristie

Paddling Since : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content