Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Anything running?

+3
Duckins
wasatchbill
Ron
7 posters

Go down

Anything running? Empty Anything running?

Post by Ron Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:08 am

Got a condo in Park City next week is there anything worth bringing my boat for? I don't need much just a little eddy line or wave will do. How's OPP,the new wave on the Ogden, Green River, or Hen-Tag?

Ron

Paddling Since : 1970

Back to top Go down

Anything running? Empty Re: Anything running?

Post by wasatchbill Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:34 am

Its all low compared to last year, but hen-tag is going Ron. The Ogden is low but on the rise with the heat, as farmers call for water. I paddled the waterfall section of the Ogden this evening @130; it was good eddy-hopping; if a bit rocky. It cleans up quite a bit @200.
The new Ogden wave by Wall Ave is small, but it goes all the time. Some attainment workouts to be had right above there.
Weber@Gateway is taking a dive with today's heat; I guess that is the 2012 pattern as upstream farmers take the water that is coming out of Echo (and running hen-tag @533). Croyden wave should be good.

Also the Vivian Park stretch on the Provo below Deer Creek Reservoir is running; not too far from PC; super scenic class II. Should be an eddy line on there somewhere...
http://water1.cuwcd.com/rivers/FlowInfo.aspx?loc=lp
477 cfs
Cheers
Bill

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Duckins Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:29 pm

It isn't exactly near PC, but The Murtaugh could be at 6K by this weekend...

Duckins

Paddling Since : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by tsmerrill Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:53 pm

How likely is the Murtaugh going to be running at this level, or at any fun flow?

tsmerrill

Paddling Since : 1998

Back to top Go down

Anything running? Empty Thanks!!

Post by Ron Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:00 am

I'll see what i can find.

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by BrayD Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

Murtaugh's at 4,000. That's a fun flow. Blackfoot has water. It's great. Under-appreciated day trip out of the Salt Lake area. Stout run, though.

Here's a gauge for the Blackfoot.
http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/river/station/flowplot/flowplot.cgi?SHLI1

BrayD

Paddling Since : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by telekopter2 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

Stout definitely.

be sure to check out the teller tube section of AW's writeup. One death there. just sayin: be prepared.

writeup:
http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/528/

telekopter2

Paddling Since : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sun 17 Jun 2012, 1:02 am

Thinking of the Evanston Play Park. Is it working at this level? Its as close as Ogden from here in Park city.

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sun 17 Jun 2012, 2:44 am

Evanston is too low Ron; it needs ~500; its at 82.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wy/nwis/uv/?site_no=10016900&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060
Things are low in Ogden right now; although the Ogden river could bump up at any time (I thought it would be higher on such a warm day, but no dice today; still 124 below Pineview; and 155 at Gibson Ave).
Gibson Ave is a new gauge; its the level for the new Crystal wave by Walmart, below Wall Ave in Ogden.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/uv/?site_no=10140700&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,72020,00010,00095,00300,63680
We went to Crystal wave today; it was fun. Nothing big, but a fun little front surf, eddy turns, ferries, stern squirts, roll practice. Clean water.
Hen-tag would be closer for you from PC, and just as good probably; front surf at Croyden wave, stern squirts in the rock garden, etc.
Holding at 540 cfs:
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/uv/?site_no=10132000&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,72020,00010,00095,00300,63680

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sun 17 Jun 2012, 8:41 am

Thanks, you've been great. Parking at Croyden a problem? I heard once that the HP didn't like us pulling off the freeway there and parking. How come no one does the power plant any more? I know the Sevier is a long ways from you, but it's pretty constant, (play best from 200 - 300, waves get bigger at 300+ but harder to stop and play.) has a great bike shuttle, and some small play stuff (eddy lines, front surf, etc) from the bridge at the rail road tunnel to the end of the canyon. Also, the head of the Richfield Canal between 45-70 is like the 1st. wave at OPP. Left spins, side surf, huge eddy for rolls. www.sevierriver.org/central Flows depend on the farmer's demand, but usually above 200. It's not much but at least it's still running. Call me at 435-201-0802 if you come and I can show you some stuff so the trips not a complete waste.

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Sun 17 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

The Utah Whitewater Club will be down at the Sevier for it's yearly trip there on the weekend of July 7th. You should come out for that. Always a good time!
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sun 17 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

Our bands playing at home in Monroe on the 4th. So I should be around. Let me know time and place to meet it sounds fun. They've cleaned the bad logs out so it's good to go. See you, Ron.

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down