Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Wyoming Area

5 posters

Go down

Wyoming Area Empty Wyoming Area

Post by Lauren Bauman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 4:49 pm

Any kayakers in the Rock Springs/Green River area? I want to check out Flaming Gorge but not too keen on going alone.

Lauren Bauman

Paddling Since : Augu

Back to top Go down

Wyoming Area Empty Re: Wyoming Area

Post by wyosam Wed 12 Sep 2012, 6:34 pm

Hi Lauren, I'm in Green River, and paddle pretty regularly. I spend most of my paddle time at the play-park, but my wife and I have touring kayaks as well. Any specific time you want to get out?

Sam

wyosam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Bauman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:28 pm

Hi Sam

I was actually just at the play-park yesterday. And I'm off this week from work so whenever works best for you and your wife. I'm fairly new to kayaking so it would be nice to have people to venture out with Smile

Lauren Bauman

Back to top Go down

Post by wyosam Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:31 am

I'll be at the playpark sometime this afternoon, probably around 230-3. Not sure what our weekend plans are yet.

wyosam

Back to top Go down

Post by SherrySchumacher Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:13 pm

Hi, Lauren and Sam!

I work for the Green River Parks and Recreation Department. Every year, we host one or two kayak events at the feature. We would love to involve local kayak enthusiasts in planning these events and/or just get feedback on the wave.

Please contact me at (307)872-0517. My office is at the Recreation Center.

Sherry Schumacher

SherrySchumacher

Paddling Since : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Bauman Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

Hi Sherry! I am currently out of town for work but should be back next week. I'll try giving you a call on Monday. I would love to be a part of this and am eager to meet more kayakers in the area. If you haven't heard of kayak polo you should look it up Smile ...I've been trying to get the Civic Center in Rock Springs to allow kayaks in the pool but I haven't had much luck.
Lauren

Lauren Bauman

Back to top Go down

Post by richvrm Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:32 am

Lauren,
I grew up in green river and the bitter creek white water club used to use the pool at the college during the winter for role practice. They would probably be your best bet for a pool. Good luck. And do we have dates yet for the kayak rodeo yet? I bet I could find some Utah paddlers to come up for that.

Sam, how is the wave doing right now? I'll have to get up there soon to check it out.

Adam

richvrm

Paddling Since : 13 y

Back to top Go down

Post by SherrySchumacher Thu 18 Apr 2013, 6:35 pm

The Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition is Friday, May 17th. I tried to post it here, but just set up my account on Monday so I am waiting the 7 days... for now information can be found on the City of Green River's website... I also cannot post that link yet. But it is the three w's, cityofgreenriver followed by .org/kayak.

SherrySchumacher

Back to top Go down

Post by wyosam Sat 20 Apr 2013, 10:37 am

richvrm wrote:

Sam, how is the wave doing right now? I'll have to get up there soon to check it out.

Adam

Well, we have enough water for it to be pretty good, though we aren't likely to see much for big flows this year- No plans for a spring increase in flows out of Fontanelle at this point. Not really a big issue, the wave can be adjusted for good play, and fantastic front surf at the minimum levels we see through town anyway. Problem is, I'm not getting any response from the director of parks and recreation to get someone down to adjust the wave. Repeated calls over last couple (three?) weeks have gotten nowhere. Perhaps if those who might like to come here and play would like to ring his phone a time or 30, we might get somewhere. Feel free to call him up and say you are interested in coming up to visit the kayak park, but that you've heard its not adjusted yet.

Alan Wilson
Director of Parks and Recreation
City of Green River, WY
(307)872-6147

2 days in the 45-50 degree range and some sun, and river temps aren't bad- gets to the high forties to 50+ in the late afternoon. Plenty comfortable with a drytop and a layer under the helmet (assuming a good roll, I wear a FJ wetsuit under, and stay comfy even if I swim down a bit colder than that).

wyosam

Back to top Go down

Post by richvrm Sun 21 Apr 2013, 10:36 pm

I'll do that. I was up in Boise this weekend and they came and adjusted that while I was up there and it was awesome! Check it out at boiseriverpark.com they have a live web cam on it which is cool. But I'll call and see if we can get it adjusted. I know some other city employees that I'll try to call also.

Adam

richvrm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Bauman Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:48 am

Unfortunately the two kayak instructors at the college have retired. Does anyone know where I can get information about Bitter Creek White Water?

Lauren Bauman

Back to top Go down

Post by wyosam Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:30 pm

There is a guy who has posted about the Bitter Creek club on mountainbuzz.com. I've seen it mentioned as a resource for area boaters several times, but never any specifics, and there is never any information. I talked to someone (or an email exchange, don't remember) last year, they said they were going to mail be club info and application, never saw anything. No web presence that I have ever found- I'm not convinced it is something that actually exists. Afraid you're going to find a very very limited paddling community here. Human powered recreation is not very popular in SW Wyoming.

wyosam

Back to top Go down

Post by richvrm Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:46 pm

I think most the guys have grown old. And us kids that grew up in the club have moved away. The original club leader was Larry Stephensmier he has a chiropractor practice in rocks springs. He was also a Jackson dealer at one point. I am glad to hear that I belonged to a club that is somewhat legendary even if it just because nobody knows if it really existed. Rest assure it was a real club. Even if we died out.

Adam

richvrm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:55 am

I'm hoping to get up there in the next few weeks. Never been to a real/adjustable play park before. I'll try that phone number a few times too. Would live to try out my new project 52 there (have yet to get her in the water).

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Post by wyosam Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:05 pm

Wave is now adjusted, could still use a little tweaking, but good fun. Wave is actually really good, just a little tough to get on right now- but that may be mostly my complete lack of talent. As I recall when it was about like this last year, everyone seemed to think it was really good. Very Happy

wyosam

Back to top Go down

Post by SherrySchumacher Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

Sam and Lauren,
We are looking for judges for our event on May 17th. Would you be interested or know anyone that would be willing to judge?
Please give me a call. (307)872-0517.

SherrySchumacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Bauman Fri 26 Apr 2013, 6:27 pm

I might be out of town for work and other than Sam I don't know any other kayakers. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Lauren Bauman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down