Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Today was the first....

+5
Feces_Slinging_Monster
johnnie a.
brianteats
Jeff Young
Cap'n RedBeard
9 posters

Go down

Today was the first.... Empty Today was the first....

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 10 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

...time I've done major moderation work to UTRivers. I felt as if the overall vibe everyone wants was getting killed. Only other moderation I've done has been fixing links/videos, adding info to grahams thread of our race, killing auto sound on videos, and other little small things for mechanical reasons.
My goal from the start of UTRivers was just to get it started and fix the mechanics and zero moderation. Well, I guess when my hair gets pulled enough I will take action.

If you have any questions please PM me.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Today was the first.... Empty Re: Today was the first....

Post by Jeff Young Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

Shameful bit of hypocrisy there Justin. Weren't you one of the ones crying foul so loudly during the eddyflower days when moderation was mentioned? Got a text from FSM saying you banned him. Personally, I think if you were going to ban him, it would have been legit when he was starting shit a week or so ago. Now it just smells fishy and discredits your whole underlying agenda in starting this "no ban, no moderation" forum.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by brianteats Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:24 pm

Might as well ban me, I know I'm gonna get riled again for one thing or another. Seriosly though, what's with he moderation? It's not like people HAVE to read other's posts. Online drama is quite entertaining, no?
brianteats
brianteats

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

...time i stepped in poop on the way to the bv put-in. as i nestled myself into my boat, i saw what i thought was a big brown leaf below my left thigh on the floor of my boat. it wasn't a big brown leaf, but poop. well... obviously, to begin with, i got in my boat by standing on my seat, so... there was poop all over my seat, poop all over my board shorts from sitting in the poop on my seat, and copious amounts of poop on my left bootie... gosh! dang! heck! oh! boy!!!

me and dan m. are doing a low water bv run on thursday evening. meeting at the put-in at 5:45pm.

poop happens!!!
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:19 pm

I know, right Jeff!? I'm torn about it. Haven't even been in the admin screen for a few months. Let alone check this maybe a few times a week. I will resume my lurking self and dream about the previous water season and the up coming rock climbing season. Ill stand by for the PMs as I said earlier.

John, if i don't go to the free show in SLC I'd love to join you guys.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces_Slinging_Monster Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:04 pm

This is Daniel. I registered using a new screen name. I feel that my post of Gorilla pics did not call for being attacked online as I was. I also stand behind my original post to Craig about having a humbling year, because he has caused his fair share of grief. The people who stand behind his slander yet criticizes the ones who stand up for themselves are doing a dis-service to the community.
Granted I like poking the beehive when it comes to Craig, but only because when I first heard of him I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. After a few run in's with him online followed up by insincere apologies in person only to do the same thing again when his ego called for it, I was finished with Craig.
Once I called Craig trying to resolve our issues he mocked me for having a blog, and once again try saying I was a racist. When I told him to produce an instance that I was racist he posted an old thread I had post based on religions. This not only had nothing to do with racism, but is one reason I have conflicting issues towards religion because I do not believe in having In Group Out Groups.
Skip on down the road to a few weeks ago. I find a post that Craig posted about running whitewater all over the West, and how this season was hard on him. After the many attacks towards me, friends of mine, and strangers I decided to give him a dose of his own medicine.
Apparently it was bitter tasting, but instead of spitting it out he swallowed it. Then I post a link to my facebook album of my pics of running Gorilla. This seems to be the straw that broke the camels back, and Craig decides to unleash on me. Once again calling me a racist, and a sexist.
Me being the type of person not to sit idle while being attacked I come back. Although Craig dropped the F-Bomb half a dozen times I did not swear once trying to hold true to the rules of the Forum.
I call Craig shortly before he post something I wrote on my facebook. (Considering he is not a friend of mine on Facebook) saying to cool it, and I would pursue him for slander if he continued to incite me.
So it goes back, and forth then I get block from a forum that said they would not do so.
And for what you may ask? I was attacked on a post that had nothing to do with almost dying falling off of a truck. It had nothing to do with racism or sexism. It was just Craig, and his inferiority complex that started this whole thing.
I was banned for doing nothing, but standing up to an internet bully, and following the rules of the forum. If I was banned Craig should have been as well.
Incase it was forgotten here are the rules of the forum.

The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and consequently, they cannot be held responsible of the discussions.

This forum uses cookies to store information on your computer. These cookies will not contain any personal information; they are only used to improve comfort while browsing. The address e-mail is only used in order to confirm the details of your registration as your password (and also to send you back your password if you forget it).

- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.
- Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.
- If you post informations which come from another site
, look first if the site in question doesn't forbid it. Show the address of the site in question in order to respect the work of their administrators!
- Please post your messages only once. The repetitions are unpleasant and useless!
- Please make an effort on grammar and spelling. SMS-style language (ex: r u sk8ing?) is not advised!

Any message contravening the listing above will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the moderators. Any abuse will involve the cancellation of the registration. Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right! We reserve ourselves the possibility of informing your access provider and/or the legal authorities of any malevolent behavior. An IP address of each poster is recorded in order to help us to make you respect these conditions.

By clicking on " I agree to these terms " below:
- You acknowledge to have fully read these current rules;
- You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
- You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.

These rules are pre-set, and annoying. They cant be edited. Try to be somewhat respectful.
Feces_Slinging_Monster
Feces_Slinging_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

Its a good thing you guys aren't in Congress, or we'd really be in trouble.
Oh, wait, thats about the same level of cooperation there sunny sunny sunny

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by HoBag Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:21 pm

As one of the biggest advocates of a non-moderated forum from the get go, I have to express my distaste for this. It's your site, do what you want with it. That said, shame on you!
HoBag
HoBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

Sorry all, thought a one day ban would levy the tension. I feel as if nothing I did was wrong.

Dan, those rules don't apply to this web-site. I know its there at sign up but its locked into the system used for this web-site. Note the bottom of it.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces_Slinging_Monster Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:30 pm

Seems there was no need to be banned then. I want my original username back, and this B.S. to blow over. Also anyone that doesn't know me can refrain from commenting on my post if they are going to be negative.
The people who think they know me so well have no idea where my heart is whether it be in general or in boating.
Feces_Slinging_Monster
Feces_Slinging_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm

Meh. No secret we don't see eye to eye Dan. I have also made a grand effort to "Steer clear" as you put it. Pretty much avoided you for a year. Getting punched in the face and told I had it coming on a thread that had nothing to do with you while still licking my wounds from what WAS a near death experience, pretty much exemplified your character for me. This is why I bulldogged you on a thread that had nothing to do with me. Fair play. My oppinions of you are my opinions. As with your opinions of me, they are based on personal and electronic dealings with each other.
I have no problems "steering clear", but it is a two way street boss. Regarding F bombs etc; that is my accent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces_Slinging_Monster Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

Okay then that is what needs to be done. I will not talk to you unless I feel you are out of line, and you may do the same. I will not call you out online, but if I feel you are picking on someone I will pull you to the side in person, and discuss it.
Also it is no secret that I pretty much can't stand you as a person or an online personality, and I am sure you may feel the same way towards me. I personally do not care if someone I do not boat with likes me or not.

All that aside I will say this. If you are ever in need of a rope I will throw you one. If I ever need one I will grab one thrown by you.
If you are broke down I will give you a ride. I am the type of person that will not let a grudge stand in the way of how people should be treated.

I do hate that you had a near death experience. I just wanted you to see how you have made others feel in the past. Maybe we can all walk away from this having learned something.

I will disconnect my self from you completely, I suggest you do the same with me.
Feces_Slinging_Monster
Feces_Slinging_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:22 pm

Word. Seems we finally see eye to eye on something. Done deal Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

Meanwhile, somewhere in cyberspace...