Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Bent perspective.

Go down

Bent perspective. Empty Bent perspective.

Been boating a long time. I have run a ton of stuff including all of the Oregon classics, some of the Washington classics, a ton of the Colorado classics, and Idaho's goods from low to flood. Nothing prepared me for this years runoff. In average years, I have wound up in either Oregon, Cali, or CO for early season. This year, I couldn't take the days for any of these in anticipation of a MF trip at prime flows. Yep. Working stiff at the mercy of the man.

I watched the local flows go big, I watched folks go big. I watched, uncomfortable in a new unknown boat that scared me a bit and didn't boat. I watched both friends and foes go big in glory, and also in loss.

I ran the "easier" runs trying to get comfortable in the new boat. Running was no thing. I was still more comfortable in the little boat. My play boating this year was point blank the best I have ever done(looking forward to some J hole seshes) ans all I really wanted to do. The new cricker was still foreign.

I started leaving Riverdale for river running. Bridal veil was going good, and I was digging it a lot. Good play plus the put in and take out were different places. Bonus.

Running with the smurf warrior, while trying to take a picture, I received a class 5 concussion. Sucked. Kinda messed me up. Back in the boat just over a week later. Shaken but not stirred.

I continued to paddle. Hit a pile of runs outside of the wasatch I had never gotten, but lusted for others. Didn't boat them. Head was a bit off. Still boatin though.

Fast forward. Missed some trips for family events etc.

The ASK finally rolls down to Joe's for my birthday a week after peak. I have a bad line early and take the left side of my nose off leading to a swim. Couple rapids later I fully roll out of my boat and call it a day. We are at the take out and hear of a paddle pinned and decide to do a rescue mission, In this process, I with my friend keef are riding the bumper. One sharp turn, compounded by a stupid move on my part and I get thrown. Result is I am not dead or a vegetable.

Ruff season for the dub. Two major head wounds, a hit to my pride, and I am sooooo looking forward to boating the weeb on Saturday, as it will be the first day on the water in 21.

Shit happens, but, FUCK. Stoked to be on moving water again. Will be at the put in around !. Anyone interested in restoring my confidence in this sport is more than welcome.

Craig

Last edited by c-dub on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Bent perspective. :: Comments

Jeff Young

Post Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:56 pm by Jeff Young

Will be good to see you in the boat again. Sat will be fun, hit it today with Brandon Hayden and Compton and it's at a good play level.

Back to top Go down

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Post Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:39 pm by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Well I am glad this was a humbling season for you. Maybe now you will be mindful of how you have treated others coming up in the sport. Sorry you had a bad season, and hope you can get your confidence back.

Back to top Go down

brandon

Post Fri 29 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm by brandon

Seenie and I will be there.. Glad your getting back in your boat

Back to top Go down

Cap'n RedBeard

Post Sat 30 Jul 2011, 2:05 am by Cap'n RedBeard

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster wrote:Well I am glad this was a humbling season for you. Maybe now you will be mindful of how you have treated others coming up in the sport. Sorry you had a bad season, and hope you can get your confidence back.

really dan?

Back to top Go down

Vertder Miff

Post Sat 30 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm by Vertder Miff

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster wrote:Well I am glad this was a humbling season for you. Maybe now you will be mindful of how you have treated others coming up in the sport. Sorry you had a bad season, and hope you can get your confidence back.

What an ass. I think you're the one who could use some self awareness, Dan.

Hope you have fun on the river today, Craig.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:28 am by Guest

As far as days go, this is one of the better ones I have had in a long time. Good boating with good folks, and incredible news on the way to a great party up BCC. Thanks all.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:34 am by Guest

c-dub wrote:As far as days go, this is one of the better ones I have had in a long time. Good boating with good folks, and incredible news on the way to a great party up BCC. Thanks all.

It was alot of fun today.

Back to top Go down

Dory

Post Sun 31 Jul 2011, 10:42 am by Dory

Thanks, Craig, for all the help with my beginner husband. For helping him on the Green Daily by kayaking backwards all the way down and for getting such a good crowd out to the beginner Weber run yesterday. You, and OF COURSE Becky, are appreciated!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down