Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

EddyFlower has a New Website

+5
brianteats
Jeff Young
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Vertder Miff
bellucci
9 posters

Go down

EddyFlower has a New Website Empty EddyFlower has a New Website

Post by bellucci Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:35 pm

Excited to see that EddyFlower is back. Still a few bugs on their new site but I am happy to see the much needed change. Can't wait to start adding runs.

bellucci

Paddling Since : 1996

Back to top Go down

EddyFlower has a New Website Empty Re: EddyFlower has a New Website

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2011, 9:26 am

bellucci wrote:Excited to see that EddyFlower is back. Still a few bugs on their new site but I am happy to see the much needed change. Can't wait to start adding runs.

"they" ARE YOU. Glad you got er up and running again. It is an invaluable resource.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertder Miff Mon 11 Apr 2011, 10:44 am

EddyFlower is cool. Duplicity is not.
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:09 pm

I still like eddyflower regardless of the problems it had last year. I is a one stop resource that beats the hell out of check one place for a forum, and another for flows.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Mon 11 Apr 2011, 6:52 pm

So Daniel,... are you leaving Utah Rivers, Mountain Buzz, Boater Talk and Facebook and sticking only with Eddyflower now?
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Tue 12 Apr 2011, 12:26 am

No but for utah boating Eddyflower seems like a good choice. I only use facebook, and boatertalk for south east boating, and Mountain Buzz for out of Utah boating. So for the Narrows, Eggs, and Riverdale I would prefer one website. I think this forum was created out of need for a forum when eddyflower was down, but now people think they must stick with it although it is not as good as the new or the old eddyflower. It was stupid for so many to turn their back on a good site because of some issues that it had. I know people have their opinions, and they may disagree. That is fine because this is a free forum, and people know the person behind the username.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 7:22 am

Eddyflower made sense as a forum when it was still locally owned and operated. Nate set it up volintarily for Utah and Paul who was also a friend of the family,was only a phone call away.

Eddyflower has sold and based on advertising etc, I think they are going to try making a little coin. Nothing wrong with that. The site is awesome. If it is the better medium for a forum it will win out. I see your point on the one site though. It is irritating having to bookmark additional sites, then the extra click. Sheesh. UT rivers is locally owned and operated, funded by local's donations and not littered with random ads for CO abortion clinics or anything else. I think I'll stick around.

Back to top Go down

Post by brianteats Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:30 am

Eddyflower was a good website. It was a huge part in getting me addicted to kayaking 3 years ago... Until they started changing things that didn't need to be changed. Adding a shopping section? Blogs? The nail in the coffin- was changing servers and getting hacked. Now, there's no photo section, the boat guide isn't working, and nobody uses the forums (which they've added some more). You can't even add a new river for making a new run description! And they need someone verifying new descriptions, like AW does(or at least has the capacity to) If the river descriptions/flow gauge ratings ever go down; it'd be time to start covering it with dirt.
But maybe Joshua can get it back to its former glory.
brianteats
brianteats

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by HPP Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:56 am

Is there a consensus on best forum page for SLC paddlers to find other boaters. Not knowing people to paddle with since all my partners are in Colorado this has bee my resource for seeing where people are going and what their paddling. Should I only be checking eddy flower? Sort of confused

HPP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:30 pm

i created this site to fill a niche utah kayakers needed. even when eddy flower was up that niche wasn't fulfilled in the "old" forum. 75 percent of the time people spoke about eddy flower they were talking about the forum. i have been planning on linking important/good information from eddy flower on this site but only when EF get things solid again. eddy flower has a lot of good information but the intent for that web site wasn't to be a message board.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by barffvader Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

Simple solution. Just put the Eddyflower link to the UT rivers on in the Flows section of this site. You could also add respective links to ID and WY rivers. I like having a central location for UT boating. I sure like having direct links to the flows. A suggestion I had a few years ago was to create a custom google map (UWC could do this) and mark all the put ins and take outs. This would provide drive time and directions. I'm not sure why EF never did it because they have all the lat / long coordinates for everything. Paul T

barffvader

Back to top Go down

Post by barffvader Tue 12 Apr 2011, 6:31 pm

Cdub- I tried to repond to your PM but it said you do not allow PM's. Check your settings.

barffvader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 7:17 pm

Shit, settings look good. Justin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:05 pm

This is the place to be... EF is dead, long live UR!
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:28 pm

Craig, I just sent you a PM and it said it sent. Is your Inbox full?
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:39 pm

Got it. Plenty of room in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by shoey Wed 13 Apr 2011, 8:13 pm

barffvader wrote:Just put the Eddyflower link to the UT rivers on in the Flows section of this site
Jeff Young wrote:This is the place to be... EF is dead, long live UR!
Eddyflower needs to have a link to this site, under the community tab. This is a great form for Utah Boaters or anyone wanting to boat in UT. Its hard for outsiders to get in touch with such a small scene.

EF is still valuable when your looking to boat past the state line, it would be extremely hard to replace it. I wish EF would drop flash, speed things up and make it more functional...

Utah Rivers has a local reputation while EF has a nationwide one. Getting the two to work together would be sweet.

That being said, I don't see either disappearing soon.
shoey
shoey

Paddling Since : uh..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down