Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Logan River

2 posters

Go down

Logan River Empty Logan River

Post by TyUSU Tue 30 Apr 2013, 12:22 pm

Im guessing itll be over 300 today. The town section isnt bad at this flow. If anyone wants to run it im open anytime today.

4352372O3O

And now its down to 200.. Nevermind
TyUSU
TyUSU

Paddling Since : 2006

Back to top Go down

Logan River Empty Re: Logan River

Post by Dave Sun 05 May 2013, 3:19 pm

Yesterday I went up the canyon to see how the flows are on the other sections, and unfortunately, there's two different places where they're doing construction on the river. One at the bottom of staircase – they're putting in a new bridge, and another at the put in for the staircase run– They replaced the old diversion system for a new one. Below this construction there is no water… Maybe 20 CFS. They must also be diverting water somewhere else above (I think at third dam) because the St Anne's rapid looks runnable, but below third dam there's practically no water. Hence, as long as this diversion is going on, the only runnable sections will be above third dam and below first dam. I plan to call the city this week and find out what's going on. I will update as soon as I know more. The city section is bony but runnable right now. Also, the v-wave looks fairly nice right now, and so does the diversion slide. I hope to run the town section this week, and if it ever reaches 300, I'll be on the upper sections, as well. Anyone wanting to go is welcome to join. Ty, give me a ring. I live about two blocks from the town section take out. For tree fiv too tree too fiv tree ate tree.

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 07 May 2013, 12:46 pm

So, I did some research. Apparently after that mudslide that killed those three people, Logan City decided to re-build both canals. And according to JUB Engineering (the project(s) engineers), both canals are now completed, but are in the middle of testing, and testing will continue through the summer. I checked out the canals and they both look like they have about 20 to 30 CFS going through them right now. I'm pretty sure both canals are above the gauge (for sure the upper canal is), so I would assume the gauge reads pretty accurately for the city section, but for the sections above third dam, I would add about 50 CFS to the gauge and judge from there if you want to boat it. The Bridger and staircase sections are pretty much nonexistent right now, and probably will continue that way for a while. I will update if it changes.
So, as long as the gauge stays above 200, I would assume both the town section and St. Anne's rapid are both floatable. And if the gauge hits 275, then I will be looking for someone to join me on the upper sections.

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down