Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Peak Performance Hand Paddles are ready for purchase

5 posters

Go down

Peak Performance Hand Paddles are ready for purchase Empty Peak Performance Hand Paddles are ready for purchase

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

So after getting everything in order to produce the most bomb proof hand paddles on the market they are finally ready. I have sold 7 pairs, and have shops around the country are contacting me to stock their shelves with these amazing hand paddles. So far stores in Cali, Colorado, and Asheville, NC have contacted me, and purchased a pair to demo. People in Massachusetts, Ohio, and Utah have also purchased them. I am excited for this, and thank my customers, and future customers for supporting me. I fully stand behind this product, and value customer input. The price for a pair of these hand paddles is $65 luckily living close to me has it's advantages because shipping is $11.35. If you decide to buy a pair locally I can arrange a pick up either at a wave pool session or a local river run when the water starts up again.

Biggest things that set my hand paddles apart.
1. 1/4" thick ABS plastic. This is super ridged plastic that (a) will not shatter, (b) does not flex, (c) is easily glued, which allows you the option of adding closed celled foam for floatation, and (d) is resistive to wear. The lack of flex improves power transfer when paddling and also assists the paddler while transitioning onto/off of the river.
In comparison, other hand paddles (a) have tons of flex, which reduces power transfer, and (b) use UHP plastic, which is chemical resistant (meaning gluing foam to them can be troublesome).

2. A unique strapping system that cradles your hand, while holding super firm yet is still easy to get out of in a sticky situation. Also has a hole pattern that allows for many strapping options.

3. A loop in the end of the strap so you can easily tighten the straps without struggling, or using your teeth.

4. Low profile cam buckles. You get all the hold of a cam buckle without the weight or the bulk.

5. Custom color options on straps, and buckles.

6. Custom hand sizing. This means if you have very small hands or large hands that haven't fit other hand paddles. I will make sure you get a set that is built to fit you, and your needs.

7. The ability to fill large orders.

8. Padding under the cam buckle for added comfort.

9. Seams sewn with kevlar, and come with a one year warranty.

10.These paddles are suited for any type of kayaking, including creek boating, river running, freestyle and squirt boating. In addition, they can be utilized to learn/practice the hand roll technique.

11. I stand behind these paddles fully. If there are any issues the buyers can contact me directly.

The cost is $65 plus $11.35 for a flat rate shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Once you feel the power, and how fluid these paddles are you will wonder how you ever hand paddled without them.

Here is a link to some photos of them.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=238804306203185&set=a.238804186203197.58638.186401361443480&type=3&theater
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Peak Performance Hand Paddles are ready for purchase Empty Re: Peak Performance Hand Paddles are ready for purchase

Post by Vertder Miff Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:39 pm

Congratulations on getting your business up and running. Are you aware of the fact that there already is a Peak Performance in the outdoor industry?

http://www.backcountry.com/peak-performance
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Peak Performance Hand Paddles are ready for purchase Empty Re: Peak Performance Hand Paddles are ready for purchase

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

I was unaware of that fact. I did a search prior to going with that name, and yielding nothing, but small companies that were not outdoor related. If I need to alter the name I will.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertder Miff Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:20 pm

It's a Swedish company and Backcountry.com is the currently the only U.S. distributor. That's probably why it was hard to find when you searched for anyone else with that name. I don't know whether or not you need to change your name, but it'd probably be best to do it sooner rather than later if you do. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:03 pm

The fact is Peak Performance is a common prefix in many companies. I am sure there is no copyright infringement.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:46 pm

PPHP has not been used within the paddling community. Don't sweat it.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

How about Phat Hands Paddles?
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:44 pm

Bill suggested "Dog Paddles". We not only got a good laugh, but think that would fit the ascetics of the kayaking community. Do it. That would rock. I'd by a set just for the name! cheers

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:53 pm

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

Wow, didn't realize you were taking suggestions to rename your company. albino
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Oh and you need to get with JazzyJayRay and get your name on the 'local companies" list. clown
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:21 pm

I am not. The name is Peak Performance Hand Paddles. I have had good feed back on Peak Performance Hand Paddles, and just because there is a company from Sweden with part of my name as theirs does not mean I copied them. No different from these companies.
http://www.peakskishop.com/Insulator-Ski-Jacket-Yellow_p_1036.html
http://www.peakperformancecenter.com/
http://peakperformancehealthclub.com/
http://www.peakperformancemartialarts.com/
http://www.peakperformanceauto.com/
http://www.peak-performance.net/

And a google search for Peak Performance Paddles
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=peak+performance+paddles&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

And an example of the same situation
http://www.liquid-logic.com/

If it becomes an issue it is my issue to deal with. I went through many names prior to going with what I did. I felt it sounded the most professional, and would reach a broader market. I like many names Stout Handz, Gorilla Mitts, Big Water Hand Paddles, Shit Creek Hand Paddles, and many others. Over all Peak Performance sets it apart from the other options out there.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertder Miff Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:44 pm

I wasn't accusing you of copying Peak Perfomance. I'm sure you had never heard of them and thought it was a good name for your hand paddles (and it is). I just thought you'd like to know since it is your issue to deal with if it becomes a problem. While you do bring up the point that there a a lot of companies that have used the phrase "Peak Performance" in there names, I don't think any of those companies will be or will ever hope to be at the OR show or any other outdoor industry related trade show. Mountain Hardwear isn't currently in the paddlesports industry, but you certainly wouldn't want to name your product Mountain Hardwear Hand Paddles (or The North Face Hand Paddles, Patagonia Hand Paddles, Coca-Cola Hand Paddles, etc.).

Anyway, the paddles look awesome. They appear to be very well made with great attention to detail. If I ever decide I want a pair of hand paddles, I'll definitely get yours.

BTW, of the names you mentioned above, I like Gorilla Mitts. Hands Down might be a good name, too. As you've mentioned, though, it's completely your call as to whether or not you change your name. I just wanted make you aware of the issue.
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:32 pm

I do appreciate it Chris. Others just seemed to make a bigger deal out of it than it was. I did like Gorilla Mitts, but it limits peoples thinking. Just like Big Water Hand Paddles people will be like "Damn it's only good in big water, and not good on creeks." Dagger has that problem with the Green Boat. It is a great long boat, and good for many rivers. But because it is named the Green Boat people think it is only for the Green Narrows Race.
One thing I am wanting to do is listen to all input from all customers. Whether you are buying from me or not. Me listening to people is what will give me a reputation as a good person to buy from. Also I am in contact with some good friends of mine that are some of the best hand paddlers in the country. My ultimate plan is to start a youtube channel that will give lessons in hand paddling. This will ensure that the purchase of your hand paddles will pay off way down the road.

Chris if you ever would like to demo a set let me know. When the water come up we could run the narrows around 450cfs with them that would be a blast. Thanks for your input it is valued greatly.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri 17 Feb 2012, 1:25 pm

Nothing intended man. Just sounded like, at one point, the future of the name... was not 100% secured. So, I just let the imagination roll, and thought I might be doing some good in the mean time. Anyway, I personally try to support all local work, am happy for your success, and wish you more. Good luck :-)

PS - Would also enjoy a chance to try a pair sometime man, so let me know when I can try some, and I'll try to make it. Am not in town this week though. Laters :-)

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 17 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

Just when ever man. Wave pool, Kayak Polo, a local river when it warms up. You name it, and you can try them.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 17 Feb 2012, 2:35 pm

What color would you want if you were to buy a set. Hot Lime Green is super hot right now so I am ordering more.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

I don't think anyone was making it a big deal. Don't walk around with your head down.
IMO the name is pretty ho-hum and/or jejune. Since you mentioned "...value customer input" multiple times it seemed as if you were asking for suggestions. Since I am a potential buyer/customer (would like get some hand paddles for an in boat backup) I gave a name suggestion.

Interested in some stickers or other signage? PM me.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 17 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

Yeah Redbeard I will hit you up on those stickers.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:53 pm

Hold off on ordering some specifically for me, just yet. If I can get out to a pool/polo sesh next week, I'll holler at ya. That will be my last chance for a bit, as I am leaving the country for work... the week after. But if I do buy some, I dig green, so the hot lime green would be just fine, thanks. :-)

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:53 am

Yeah I will have plenty of that on hand. It is to popular not to.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down