Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Looking for Paddling Buddies!

2 posters

Go down

Looking for Paddling Buddies! Empty Looking for Paddling Buddies!

Post by Project52 Thu 13 Aug 2015, 11:35 am

Hi all,

My name is Brock and just got back into paddling after an almost 7 year hiatus! (I know, what was I thinking). I just got back into the sport and I am looking for some people to paddle with. I am looking for anyone who enjoys paddling, of all skill levels. I am always looking to improve my skills and help others learn and improve theirs. 

I first got interested in kayaking in the early 2000s. In 2003 I attended the U of U for school where I took the intro to kayaking class, and intermediate kayaking class from Gary Nichols. Gary greatly helped me refine my skills. I paddled up until 2008 when I got out of the sport to finish my degree from the U. 

I currently live in Morgan and enjoy paddling the Weber. I am looking for some people interested in running the Hennifer-Taggart section, or just willing to drive to some spots to playboat. 

If you would like to do some paddling, can help me improve my skills, or want to learn with me, let me know!

I am a little rusty on my flat water tricks, but Kayaking is like riding a bike. After day 2 back in a boat the bow stall is coming along nicely, and when I get my boat balanced and dialed in, I am sure the cartswheels, stern squirts, spins, blunts, pirouettes, and loops will be back also. If anyone is doing any more advanced tricks such as mcnastys, phoenix monkeys, I would love to learn these (newer) tricks!

Thanks,

Brock

Project52

Paddling Since : 2003

Back to top Go down

Looking for Paddling Buddies! Empty Re: Looking for Paddling Buddies!

Post by Nathan Putnam Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:00 am

Hi Brock, I just came across this site and noticed your post. I'm pretty new to the sport but comfortable with class II at least. I've been down the Weber a couple time now and actually live in Morgan myself. I'd love to meet up and hit the river. I went this past weekend with a guy I met on the northern Utah whitewater fb page, probably get him in too.
Nathan Putnam
Nathan Putnam

Paddling Since : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Project52 Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:48 pm

Nathan,

We should definitely meet up and do some paddling. Especially since you live in Morgan also. I am working Wednesday and Thursday this week but I have Friday, saturday and sunday off.

Project52

Paddling Since : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Putnam Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:47 pm

Awesome, I have Fri though the weekend off as well. I don't know if I can pm you but you can call or txt. 3853156792
Nathan Putnam
Nathan Putnam

Paddling Since : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum