Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition May 17

4 posters

Go down

Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition May 17 Empty Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition May 17

Post by SherrySchumacher Tue 23 Apr 2013, 12:12 pm

Classes: K1 Men Pro, K1 Women Pro, K1 Men Open, K1 Women Open, Junior Men, Junior Women, Cadet

Entry Fee: $40

Competitor Purse Prize over $3,000

Free Camping available on Expedition Island

For more information, please visit

www.cityofgreenriver.org/kayak

or call Katie at (307) 872-0514

SherrySchumacher

Paddling Since : 0

Back to top Go down

Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition May 17 Empty Re: Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition May 17

Post by Dave Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:22 am

The registration says invasive species stickers required. I looked on Wyoming fish and wildlife site, and can't find where to buy them. Can someone please list where.... exactly.... to buy them for wyoming... and if possible... for the surrounding states - Idaho, Wyoming, Utah... (unless its a universal sticker for all states)... please? I would rather have it and not need it than vice-versa. Plus, it's a good cause for the price (so far).
Thanks.
-Dave

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition May 17 Empty Re: Green River Expedition Freestyle Kayak Competition May 17

Post by Dave Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:33 am

Nevermind. Did a bit more research. Here's links to purchase the decals for Idaho and Wyoming. Each page has a link to order the decal (Idaho: mid page, Wyoming: near bottom).

Idaho:
http://www.idahoag.us/Categories/Environment/InvasiveSpeciesCouncil/Sticker_Purchase.php

Wyoming:
https://gf.state.wy.us/elso/elsoaiswelcome.aspx

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wyosam Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:52 pm

Also note that new for this season are mandatory inspections when a boat comes in from out of state, yep, even kayaks. There will be inspection stations at Ports of entry, boat ramps, etc.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/news-1001384.aspx

I would recommend that event coordinators for GR and Evanston events get with Game and Fish and see if they can hook you up with an inspector at the events to help everyone stay legal. There are plenty of people that have gone through the training to be inspectors, bet they can find someone to come do it for free/cheap.

wyosam

Back to top Go down

Post by c-dub Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:28 pm

So excited the Green River and Evanston Events are not on the same day. I am glad both town's councils were able to find accord. The E-town race is on the 18th. The official, supported, unanimous take from Evanston Bear River Council, is please, hit Green River on Friday for the Shenanigans, camp out and come hit the race in Evanston on your way home. Both events should be awesome. (on a side note, the Black Canyon is running that Sunday which makes for a nice trifecta). WOOHOO!!!
Fvanston Race Details
https://www.facebook.com/events/480081742044962/?ref=2
c-dub
c-dub

Paddling Since : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 07 May 2013, 12:50 pm

I was looking at flows for both this and the Evanston Bear for this weekend, and they both look fairly low, in the low 200s. I have yet to boat either of these areas, so... does anyone have any idea if these are going to be any fun at these flows or not? Any info much appreciated. Thanks :-)

Last edited by Dave on Tue 07 May 2013, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by c-dub Tue 07 May 2013, 7:45 pm

The train of thought on Evanston is 300 for the features being in. The bottom wave has changed and I believe is probably good to go at a lower flow than that(it got steeper and deeper). The Diurnal increase leads me to believe it should probably be in by the weekend. If so, I'll probably head up there to check it out if you wanna go.
c-dub
c-dub

Paddling Since : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue 07 May 2013, 10:50 pm

Sorry man, got my dates mixed up. Thought it was this weekend for the events. You're welcome to come up and hit Logan this weekend with me if you want. If that hot weather comes in, it might get above 350. Just perfect to start running the town, woodcamp, and upper sections.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down