Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Hand Paddles

5 posters

Go down

Hand Paddles Empty Hand Paddles

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:27 am

I hate to solicit, but I will be making 16 pairs of hand paddles in the coming week. I have a few pair spoken for by some of the best hand paddlers in the south east. But I will have several pairs up for purchase. They are $55.00, and are maybe the best hand paddles on the market. You can see them in use on my latest video.

http://vimeo.com/31662411

Biggest things that set my hand paddles apart.
1. 1/4" thick ABS plastic. This is super ridged plastic that will not shatter, and is easily glued to so you can have closed celled foam for added floatation. Other hand paddles use UHP which is chemical resistant(meaning gluing to them can be troublesome), and has tons of flex thus reducing power.

2. A unique strapping system that cradles your hand, while holding super firm yet is still easy to get out of in a sticky situation.

3. A loop sewn in the end of the strap so you can easily tighten the straps with out struggling.

4. Low profile cam buckles. You get all the hold of a cam buckle with out the weight or the bulk.

5. Custom color options on straps, and buckles. Colors come in Blue for now, but for $10 extra you can order custom colors for both the straps, and the buckles. I will have a color list soon.

6. Custom hand sizing. This means if you have very small hands or large hands that haven't fit other hand paddles. I will make sure you get a set that is built to fit you, and your needs.

These are some best hand paddles I have ever used, and I have used three different styles of my own, as well as the major ones like Riverholic, Power Paws (out of business), and a pair made by a guy in NC. They all have flaws that I have tried to work out in my hand paddles.

Hand paddling can make you a better paddler by teaching you to read water better, and use your boat more VS fighting your way to where you need to go. Also anyone trying to learn to hand roll can benefit a great deal by purchasing hand paddles. I will have a few pairs at an upcoming kayak polo, and wave pool session for people to see, and try.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Hand Paddles Empty Re: Hand Paddles

Post by Jeff Young Fri 11 Nov 2011, 8:52 am

I'll take a pair, need some good ones for my squirt boat.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

Cool I will hook you up for sure.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

I'm interested. But, if something fails (seams, materials) can you fix it for us or something? I just need a break-down paddle, but might use these till I can afford one. Plus, sounds like fun to learn to use them Very Happy

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

I will give a one year warranty on the hand paddles covering seams, and paddle material. I will be sub contracting the sewing work out to a place that has experience in sewing webbing so the seams should hold very strong.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat 12 Nov 2011, 2:19 am

Yeah man, if ya pm me your number, I'll holler if I can make it up to a wave pool session. Would love to try some out. Thanks Smile

Dave

Paddling Since : 09

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:38 pm

I will also add that all seems will be sewn with kevlar, and I use webbing that has the tensile strength of 4200lbs. This does two things. Of coarse it is stronger, but the main advantage of using this webbing is it is thicker, and has a tighter weave making it more comfortable on your hands. Other hand paddles use cheaper light weight straps, and that translates into the webbing cutting into your skin, and a rougher feel over all. I have been designing, and changing different material for over a year. The only thing that has held me back from making these before now is just not having them exactly where I wanted them. I have taken everything into consideration, and have done 100's of hours of research on different plastics, webbing, buckles, shapes, and trying different hand paddles.
By trying other hand paddles on, and off the market I have been able to see what works, and doesn't work.
I was asked if mine were identical to Riverholic Hand Paddles.
This could not be more wrong.
I use different, and thicker plastic, a different shape, a different curvature, and angle on the paddles, better webbing, stronger thread, a completely different, and more superior strapping system, padding where the buckle touches the skin, custom color options, and options for adding foam for floatation, and comfort.

If you want the best hand paddles out there, that are well made these are for you. They are $5 more than Riveraholic, but for what you are getting it is $5 well spent.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

Do you have a picture of them?
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm

Not any really good pics at this time I should have by the end of the week.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertder Miff Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:40 pm

I think this belongs in the classifieds.
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

Or, as a vendor of this merchandise, hit up the cap'n for a standing side bar ad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Sun 13 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

I will PM him. Thanks for the idea.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down