Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

New Kayak gear half off

+2
wasatchbill
Cap'n RedBeard
6 posters

Go down

New Kayak gear half off Empty New Kayak gear half off

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

Im not sure if you have heard of The Clymb yet but its an invite only outdoor gear sales web-site. They have a lot of different outdoor brands for half off or even more. Anyways Immersion Research has a bunch of gear for sale on the Clymb for over 50% off right now but not for long. Dry tops and shorts. Their Neoprene shorts are amazing, i have a pair of them and I'd say it adds a level a comfort that is unmatched.

Here is an invite from me there is less then two days to grab these good deals on Immersion Research.
http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JustinRaymond
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

New Kayak gear half off Empty Re: New Kayak gear half off

Post by wasatchbill Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

Interesting; I only see "semi-dry tops" on there, (Neoprene neck gasket, rather than latex) no dry tops. Has anyone used one of IRs semi-dry tops?

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by echymas Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

I have a semi dry by NRS and Peak UK. I don't think I'll ever get something with a latex neck.
echymas
echymas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:20 pm

bill i had one. It was used and still worked great. As it says semi-dry. not something you put on for a full day at a play park. the shorts are steller. thinking of getting another pair.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by BrayD Wed 17 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

I have an ir semi dry top. I Use it when I don't feel the need to stay totally dry, and want to be more comfortable. Latex neck gaskets rub my neck raw. The neoprene definitely allows water in though. Trade offs. I own both, and use both enough to get my money's worth, although i didn't pay full retail for either top. It has held up well. Although I think I get more wet now than i used.

BrayD

Paddling Since : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by dman Wed 17 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

Can anyone give me an idea in sizing in the next few minutes. I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs. my waist hovers between 34-36 depending on my favorite beer that week. Is the extra large going to be too big?

dman

Paddling Since : yest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 17 Aug 2011, 5:37 pm

im a 33 or lower. i have the 33 shorts they fit fine if i thighten them all the way.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Wed 17 Aug 2011, 7:18 pm

echymas wrote:I have a semi dry by NRS and Peak UK. I don't think I'll ever get something with a latex neck.
Semi Dry tops are just that. If you are only boating in the summer I would not get anything, but that. But if you think you will boat in colder weather a dry to is the only way. I bought a Sweet Protection Dry Top, and it changed my life Smile Well maybe it didn't change my life, but it sure did keep me nice, and toasty.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Thu 18 Aug 2011, 1:08 am

I was going to preach about how everyone should be practicing their roll every time out, so drytops would be better; but then I sprung for one of the IR semi-drys :-). Its summer, and both my "drytops" leak badly. As much as I liked that NRS drytop, it is barely semi-dry now (after a couple hundred river days, a torn neck gasket and torn wrist gasket).

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down