Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Contact Riverdale City to dredge out the Wave

5 posters

Go down

Contact Riverdale City to dredge out the Wave Empty Contact Riverdale City to dredge out the Wave

Post by Compton Boater Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

Can somebody head up getting in touch with Riverdale City to dredge out the sediment and get the wave back? I don't have time to coordinate but could meet the city engineer down there sometime next week to give input. Jay Ray is the go-to with the southern, rural congregation, who is good with the northern suburban congregation?

Compton Boater

Back to top Go down

Contact Riverdale City to dredge out the Wave Empty Re: Contact Riverdale City to dredge out the Wave

Post by brandon Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:17 am

I could try to give them a call. Do you have any numbers I should start with?
brandon
brandon

Paddling Since : 2001

Back to top Go down

Contact Riverdale City to dredge out the Wave Empty Re: Contact Riverdale City to dredge out the Wave

Post by wasatchbill Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

I don't know the best person to talk to, but here is all their contact info:
http://www.riverdalecity.com/how_do_i/contact.htm
http://www.riverdalecity.com/how_do_i/phone_numbers.htm
http://www.riverdalecity.com/how_do_i/email.htm

The city offices are upstream of the wave a half mile; on the other side of Riverdale Road, east side of the river.

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Just got off the phone with the public works guys.

This is what they said..

They wont even get close to the river until the flows go down. They also will need permits to work in and around the river, not sure what that will require..

Good news is that they are going to do a walk through next week with Crystal, she has done some AMAZING work up on the Ogden and hopefully can do some of the same work on the Weber. It sounds like they are thinking about doing a full restoratoin. This is great news! Although they did say it would cost over a million dollars.. I know there are people out there and company's who would donate this type of money to have a green space improved.

So the good is that they are working on ideas of how to fix the issue, the bad is that it doesnt look like this is going to happen soon. He even told me this is a very slow process and it will take time..

Maybe its time to start to think of ways to raise money and awareness of what could be done?

Any ideas would be great!
brandon
brandon

Paddling Since : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:55 pm

Wow, awesome work

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by unattendedboat Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

so Ace Rents....
unattendedboat
unattendedboat

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down