Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Thursday Evening Bridal Veil Eddy Hop Contest Extraordignar...

+8
RobA
brightonb
brianteats
afaust
brandon
Jeff Young
Cap'n RedBeard
johnnie a.
12 posters

Go down

Thursday Evening Bridal Veil Eddy Hop Contest Extraordignar... Empty Thursday Evening Bridal Veil Eddy Hop Contest Extraordignar...

Post by johnnie a. Wed 18 May 2011, 1:32 pm

Thursday evening meet at takeout at 5:56:13. The person whom catches the most eddys from the old tram remains until the eddy rock on river left below the crux will receive dinner at Mama Chus after our run.

johnallsen@yahoo.com 8017354913
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Thursday Evening Bridal Veil Eddy Hop Contest Extraordignar... Empty Re: Thursday Evening Bridal Veil Eddy Hop Contest Extraordignar...

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 18 May 2011, 1:44 pm

deal
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Thursday Evening Bridal Veil Eddy Hop Contest Extraordignar... Empty Re: Thursday Evening Bridal Veil Eddy Hop Contest Extraordignar...

Post by Jeff Young Wed 18 May 2011, 2:34 pm

Raincheck! I'm out of town and would be down with that challenge Smile
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Wed 18 May 2011, 2:37 pm

since you only have half a paddle, each of your eddys would count double. so, you'd get 3 chile rellenos...
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon Wed 18 May 2011, 2:54 pm

Would I get a handicap to start with?
brandon
brandon

Paddling Since : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Wed 18 May 2011, 2:57 pm

Oh so NOW your handicap haha
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Wed 18 May 2011, 3:01 pm

the first time i met brandon i knew that he had numerous challenges... hope you can swing it, b!
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon Wed 18 May 2011, 3:07 pm

hahah I am going to try! Friday is looking better though
brandon
brandon

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Wed 18 May 2011, 3:30 pm

Boatercross style or spaced out?

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Wed 18 May 2011, 3:39 pm

honor system. just count your eddys. so, to answer your question, spaced-out boatercross style... hope you can make it!
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by brianteats Wed 18 May 2011, 4:41 pm

Duuuude.... spaced-out boater-cross...sweeeet,
Haha- seriously, boater cross eddy contest would be awesome! Imagine 5 or 6 people trying to cram into one little eddy, over, and over again, LOL!
I wish I could make, but long drive from Ogden and all.
brianteats
brianteats

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Wed 18 May 2011, 5:41 pm

i have decided to add a downriver race, as well. mass start. first person to the takeout, wins a free dinner at mama chus, too.

boat length limit-absolutely nothing over 30 feet
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by brightonb Wed 18 May 2011, 5:58 pm

The key to this is when you are crammed into the tiny eddy you open the drain plugs or loosen the skirts of your fellow comrads!
I may be able to join the melee. If anyone from the origional new zion (SLC), wants to car pool to lessen the petrol pain, give me a call, 801six80two656

brightonb

Back to top Go down

Post by RobA Thu 19 May 2011, 11:17 am

Sounds like a blast! and that from the most handicapped of us all.

Unfortunately I will be on my honor and doing my duuty this evening.
RobA
RobA

Paddling Since : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Thu 19 May 2011, 11:48 am

Looks like I will probably be working. Enjoy some chile rellenos and watery goodness for me. cheers

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Thu 19 May 2011, 11:54 am

thanks a. j. for all you do for the boatin' community!!!

and...

papa rob a...

papa rob-1 cement pillar-0
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Thu 19 May 2011, 1:21 pm

As far as the race is concerned no one can beat my 13'2" Phenoix Razz
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Newty Thu 19 May 2011, 1:48 pm

as long as it keeps raining my baseball game should get cancelled and i'll be there. I expect a prize for just showing up.
Newty
Newty

Back to top Go down

Post by cheneypiano Thu 19 May 2011, 6:20 pm

Dang, I'd love to join. Ran it this morning and it was great--got a family dinner at 6...

cheneypiano

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Fri 20 May 2011, 11:35 am

my favorite things about the extraordignar...

tristin showing up

coach newton and his meat arsehole's presence

mike gadd's glasses

daniel hand paddling the river @ 1100cfs

mike gadd winning the downriver race by a hair over fat newty

all the smiles and laughter

good mexican food with close friends and family

when i asked randy nate how many eddys he caught, he replied, "sorry, i wasn't counting eddys. i was counting good surfs and the few remaining minutes i had before i needed to be home."

i'm still preplexed as to why team jackson didn't show up to this event...

whirled peas!!!
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by Compton Boater Fri 20 May 2011, 11:54 am

Hey Johnny and the Elders, you guys gonna try to get ticketed for a 20P420CHILAX today(Friday night) on BV? The 4 of us are thinking of coming down.

Compton Boater

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Fri 20 May 2011, 12:34 pm

Compton Boater wrote:Hey Johnny and the Elders, you guys gonna try to get ticketed for a 20P420CHILAX today(Friday night) on BV? The 4 of us are thinking of coming down.

I'll be at BV to boat with a gimp and a getto SUPer. Safety is going to be key, there is alot of watery goodness.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 20 May 2011, 12:47 pm

One of my favorite runs to hand paddle. Plus that river has one of my all time favorite eddies on any river I have been on. A beautiful water smear, with a two foot drop into a nice eddy. I may be a whitewater snob, but that is a fun run.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon Fri 20 May 2011, 1:21 pm

I wont feel good unless we check all safety guidelines prior to launch. Believe it or not Compton was in a kayak yesterday, and so was crystal. Fun times to be had today!
brandon
brandon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down