Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Any Southern UT boaters?

5 posters

Go down

Any Southern UT boaters? Empty Any Southern UT boaters?

Post by GravityGuy Tue 01 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

Hello fellow boaters.

We (My wife and I, and our two kids) are planning on moving to Southern UT in the very near future. We are looking around St. George/Hurricane, north as far as Cedar City and East to Glendale/Kanab. I am currently looking for work in the area and we will move as soon as something solid turns up.

I'm interested in meeting boaters in the area and learning where the good creeks and decent runs are located. I boated Zion Narrows in 2009 with a friend of mine on our way out to the Kern River in CA, and I fell in love with the area.

If there are any boaters from the area who could give me some tips, I'd be grateful. I am planning another visit to the area soon to look for work and would like to have some boating contacts to visit with if possible.

Thanks for reading.

Matthew (aka GG)
GravityGuy
GravityGuy

Paddling Since : 1994

Back to top Go down

Any Southern UT boaters? Empty Re: Any Southern UT boaters?

Post by johnnie a. Wed 02 Feb 2011, 3:01 pm

gg,

my buddy, dave(non-boater), lives in st. george. hit him up about possible employment leads, and definitely drop my name(john allsen). his number is 4358171890. i'm up north in provo. here's my contact info; 8017354913 johnallsen@yahoo.com
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 02 Feb 2011, 3:52 pm

John, i should have talked to you when i was looking for a job down there....
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by GravityGuy Wed 02 Feb 2011, 4:28 pm

Thanks for the lead John. I don't suppose you could PM me an email address for him? It might be strange for him to get a phone call out of the blue from some yokel in Iowa.

Optionally, you can give my email (gravitysportswear@yahoo.com) to Dave.

Either way, thank you again.
GravityGuy
GravityGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by roho Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:26 pm

Hi Matthew, There are 4 or 5 of us in the St. George area. I'm located in Hurricane. Most of our boating in on the Virgin either in the park or gorge. We did get some good boating in during the December floods. I'm usually looking for someone to go with as my usual boating friends have young families and have a hard time getting permission from their significant others. My kids are raised so I have more time to play. Here is my email: rhoyt@hmsk12.org

roho

Paddling Since : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by GravityGuy Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:12 pm

Thanks for the info Roho. I'll add your information to my contacts and make sure to get in touch with you once we are there. We've looked at Hurricane as an option and it would be ideal for us there if work turns up in the area. My oldest is about to start middle school (Here in IA, it is 6th-8th) but that may be different there.

My trip through the Narrows run was intense. We did it in a single day and it was about a week or two after that group of boaters ran into trouble in the narrows and they closed the run for a few days while doing some kind of investigation into what happened. We thought we weren't going to be able to do the run. I was amazed at the stress levels from not knowing what was around the next bend, over and over. The most difficult run mentally that I have ever done I think, though I look forward to doing it a few more times and overnighting it to get more relaxed time inside the canyons.

My wife is pretty tolerant when it comes to my boating time. I'm hoping that it gets even better when I can go somewhere an hour away instead of six to seven hours each way. Iowa blows for boaters.

Look forward to boating with you.
GravityGuy
GravityGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Wed 02 Feb 2011, 11:26 pm

Email this guy- he's always boating and local to that area
erikjmiller at bresnan.net
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down