Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT

+9
Girth Burley
brandon
Mark B.
Doug Ammons
PeruH2o
afaust
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Jeff Young
Compton Boater
13 posters

Go down

Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT Empty Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT

Post by Compton Boater Fri 26 Nov 2010, 11:55 pm

http://www.wildwaterfilm.com/

Who wants to head it up and bring this flick to UT? It looks like the best WW cinematography yet. Somewhere with a BIG screen.

Compton Boater

Back to top Go down

Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT Empty Re: Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT

Post by Jeff Young Sat 27 Nov 2010, 1:02 am

11th annual UWC Film festival?
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT Empty Re: Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Sat 27 Nov 2010, 1:22 am

They will only show it if there is an HD projector. So find that, and email them. They were just in Denver. If enough people bought tickets they may go for it.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Sat 27 Nov 2010, 4:29 pm

The BYU paddling club contacted the company and is in the process of getting a quality projector and theater secured so they can come.

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:28 pm

You guys rock!
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:46 pm

Hope it happens... From what I understand time is limited and once the flick comes out on DVD they won't be doing anymore showings.

afaust

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Sat 27 Nov 2010, 6:01 pm

If its on DVD by the time the film fest SHOULD be, you/they can get permission to show it there...
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by PeruH2o Sun 28 Nov 2010, 10:57 pm

The movie is touring with BANFF, so in case nothing works there is always the mountain film festival! Smile

http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainfestival/worldtour/listings/cities.aspx?cat=NA&location=us&region=UT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_Lipjc1Gc

PeruH2o

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ammons Tue 30 Nov 2010, 6:55 pm

If somebody can find a venue, I can do a premier of the film. Optimally it'd be in part a fundraiser for a Utah river conservation group, and I'm in the process of getting a contact there. I should be able to include some other good, short paddling films to round out the evening's river entertainment something like we did in Boise two weeks ago.

Doug Ammons

Doug Ammons

Paddling Since : 1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark B. Wed 01 Dec 2010, 12:10 am

As was stated, a few of us with the BYU kayak club are trying to make this happen. We were unable to find a suitable theater on campus. I contacted the SCERA theater in Orem which seats 760 people and has a high def. projector that meets the specifications that the Wildwater producers want their film to be viewed on. They are booked solid throughout the month of December, but I'd imagine we could schedule a weeknight sometime in January. Doug - A few more films would be great since Wildwater is only 30 minutes or so, and having you there would be awesome and undoubtedly get more people out.
Anyways, since quite a few of us in the Utah boating community want to see this happen, we mind as well make a coordinated effort.

Mark B.
801 (673-0912)
jmarkbryson@gmail.com
Mark B.
Mark B.

Paddling Since : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Wed 01 Dec 2010, 12:25 am

If you got together with the UWC, you could kill two birds with one stone ref the yearly filmfest. Just sayin..
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon Wed 01 Dec 2010, 12:34 pm

I'm am in the process of checking theaters up here. Will let you know what I can find.
brandon
brandon

Paddling Since : 2001

Back to top Go down

Someone should bring the Wildwater movie to UT Empty State Room

Post by Girth Burley Wed 01 Dec 2010, 1:04 pm

I'll check with my boss at the State Room. We have a screen, seats for 300, booze, but no projector. A few weeks ago we screened a ski movie. It looked awful pretty. The dudes brought their own projector. It would take a chunk of cash to rent the joint, though. Less if the proceeds go to a good cause.
We could call it the T-Price "how to stay pure while not acting pure" memorial screening.
Girth

Girth Burley

Paddling Since : What

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Wed 01 Dec 2010, 2:14 pm

They don't provide the projector so we would have to rent a high quality HD projector in order to do it someplace without one already installed.

afaust

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Fri 21 Jan 2011, 2:48 pm

Just an update...

The BYU Whitewater Kayaking Club is not going to be able to pull off a premier of this flick this year. Sorry, guys! We looked into it quite a bit, but it just isn't going to fly, at least via our club.

We are doing some other cool things though! If anyone goes up to Boise or finds a location in Utah, let me know.

Cheers,
Liz
Liz
Liz

Paddling Since : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by boberton Fri 11 Feb 2011, 6:55 pm

It is going to be at UVU's BANFF film festival on the 15th or 16th, I'm not sure which night the wildwater movie is going to be, but it will be there. Unfortunately the festival is already sold out so unless you already bought tickets...But if you did enjoy!

boberton

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by PeruH2o Mon 14 Feb 2011, 5:25 pm

These are all the places that will be hosting the banff world tour. You can see wild water at any of these. I already got my tickets for Kingsbury Hall this Feb 24 in SLC.

http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainfestival/worldtour/listings/cities.aspx?cat=NA&location=us®ion=UT

PeruH2o

Back to top Go down

Post by PeruH2o Mon 14 Feb 2011, 5:27 pm

Actually, I am not sure if wild water will be part of all of those, but it should. You need to check before you buy tickets.

PeruH2o

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertder Miff Tue 22 Feb 2011, 6:19 pm

Why pay to see Wildwater when cutting edge whitewater footage like this is
available online for free?

The soundtrack is what really puts this over the top. BTW, I found this because someone on Mountain Buzz was nice enough to share it with the world.
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Wed 23 Feb 2011, 12:23 am

How can I order the DVD Smile
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 23 Feb 2011, 11:40 am

WildWater is playing this thursday at the Kingsbury Hall.

http://web.utah.edu/campusrec/outdoor_rec/films.html
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down