Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Boating in Michigan

5 posters

Go down

Boating in Michigan Empty Boating in Michigan

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

Whats the skinny on the white water in Michigan?! Looks like there is a lot of water falls and slides in low volume creeks. Anyone been boating there before?
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

Boating in Michigan Empty Re: Boating in Michigan

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:42 pm

I could not remember so I looked it up, but Minnesota has some amazing whitewater. I know that is not Michigan, but worth watching. Anyone that steps up to this gets mad props. I would love to hit this after I spend more time creeking in the South East, and start boating in the PNW. Anyway check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWod1BgN_7U
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Compton Boater Tue 23 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

Redbeard, most all of those creeks are on the North Shore of Superior. The season is early April. They are a little more reliable than the desert rivers here. If you are in the area in early April there is usually a lot of goods to be had. After that is up to the rain. www.midwestmtn.com usually has the knowledge of when things are running there.

Compton Boater

Back to top Go down

Post by Compton Boater Tue 23 Oct 2012, 11:30 am

pnoren@midwestmtn.com is the man to contact there to see if its running and if people are going.

Compton Boater

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Tue 23 Oct 2012, 11:59 am

Wouldn't that be for Minnesota? I was trying to inquire on Michigan. The South Shore of Superior (in Michigan) looks like it has a bit of goods. Traveling to the North Shore would take another 12 hours from the already 12 hours I'd have to travel....
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Compton Boater Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:50 pm

When people look you up in the LDS Geneology Database, do you want people to say "He had a bunch of excuses for not getting after it" or to say "He scraped the snow off of his seat and charged the goods"?

Here it is live on video, go find it if you run out of excuses:

http://vimeo.com/24970303#

Code:
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/24970303" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/24970303">Stomping Grounds</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1513764">Andy McMurray</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Compton Boater

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:06 pm

Still looking for info on boating in Michigan.... Minnesota does look really fun, hopefully ill be able to check it out too!
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Tue 23 Oct 2012, 3:05 pm

In the Upper Peninsula there are lots of class 5 waterfall sections that lead into Lake Superior. Some of those were featured in the Twitch series of movies with Tao.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:00 pm

Are you going to Michigan or something because if I was going to drive that far I would just go to the PNW where more is known, and there is a bigger scene. Like Compton said think about driving up if your that close. I have thought about heading up there. Maybe next spring if I can stay in shape, and have a few PNW trips under my belt.

Anyway on another note I am looking for info on whitewater in Kansas I don't want any info concerning whitewater around the area. It must be solely in Kanas's borders. Although Kansas is a big state, and to give such a vague geographic is asking to much, but oh well. Granted there may be little to no whitewater in Kansas, but I want to know all info on every piece of whitewater in the state. I am already driving several hours I don't want to drive several more. Anyway, I know most of you have never paddled in those states, and this would get better hits on a site like mountainbuzz.com, but I love utrivers.com so I post here regardless of the question. Another website that I found very helpful is Google.com let me know what you guys find out. I am planning my whitewater adventure to Kansas very soon Smile
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Wed 24 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

I might move there, thats why i ask. Bummed and excited all at the same time.
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmay Wed 24 Oct 2012, 10:10 pm

Where in Michigan would you be moving to? Most of the whitewater is in the Upper Peninsula (8+ hours from Detroit or any other major metropolitan area) though there are a couple of class2-3 sections in the lower peninsula. There is a little bit of outdoor climbing at Grand Ledge in the lower peninsula as well.

Timmay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Thu 25 Oct 2012, 10:08 pm

I still have a Grand Ledge climbing guide book, if you go I'll hand it off to you.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down