Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

What's on your "Must run list" for next season?

+9
Jeff Young
wasatchbill
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
johnnie a.
brandon
echymas
Vertder Miff
Cap'n RedBeard
brianteats
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's on your "Must run list" for next season? Empty What's on your "Must run list" for next season?

Post by brianteats Thu 28 Oct 2010, 12:52 pm

Just opening some lines of communication, I guess. Curious what others are planning for the next annual 'shortest runoff season in the country so you better take advantage of it when it comes'.

Personally(but not limited to)-
Stillwater Fork thru East Fork Bear River; Cabarton; Alpine; Bridger and Woodcamp on the Logan(and Upper Logan?); Upper Green River; Gates of Lodore would be nice but unlikely; Spanish Fork; Middle Provo

Not the most challenging or impressive runs I know; but for me, it'd be nice to 'check them off the list' at least.
brianteats
brianteats

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

What's on your "Must run list" for next season? Empty Re: What's on your "Must run list" for next season?

Post by Cap'n RedBeard Thu 28 Oct 2010, 1:14 pm

Do a few laps on Sixth Water then Ill be totally ready to step it up to Palouse Falls by the next week.

Last edited by Cap'n RedBeard on Thu 28 Oct 2010, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cap'n RedBeard
Cap'n RedBeard

Paddling Since : 2008

Back to top Go down

What's on your "Must run list" for next season? Empty Re: What's on your "Must run list" for next season?

Post by Vertder Miff Thu 28 Oct 2010, 2:10 pm

Bitch Creek, Teton, Escalante Creek, BCotB, and LFH. A high-water Murtaugh run would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd also like to give the Lower 5 a go and run Gore, but I could just as easily chicken out on those.
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertder Miff Thu 28 Oct 2010, 2:11 pm

For a more local run: I'd like to run the Eggs at peak next year.
Vertder Miff
Vertder Miff

Back to top Go down

Post by echymas Thu 28 Oct 2010, 7:21 pm

if this winter proves to be what they say it will, next spring should bring big water here in the desert of utah. i owe my quick progression to a great run off the spring before last as well as paddling my ass off in the last 2 VC's. we can only hope. not to mention the killer winter snows to play in this year. i still owe hobag a bootie shot from the low flow eggs. i may be taking two come this spring. cheers!
echymas
echymas

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon Thu 28 Oct 2010, 7:34 pm

I would like to run eggs, odgen, 89-riverdale, the canyon, zion narrows, black boxes, bridal vail, and a lot more in other states. I will need somebody to show me the lines on the local runs so I hope there will be people ready to go alot!

I cant wait.

As far as the zions I hope we can hit it this upcoming year, and I hope alot of people can join!
brandon
brandon

Paddling Since : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie a. Fri 29 Oct 2010, 2:14 pm

i'm in for damn sure!!! i've only done the lower of the 2 black boxes, so... the upper is defin-damn-itely on my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist.
johnnie a.
johnnie a.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Oct 2010, 8:27 pm

As in all previous years, I am still waiting for the opportunity to kayak state street. Whatever other adventures that come my way are just gravy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 29 Oct 2010, 11:52 pm

High water Eggs, Black Canyon of the Bear, Gauley since I did not get to go this year, and travel to the Payettes as much as I possibly can.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sat 30 Oct 2010, 3:13 pm

Staircase at higher water was the run that stands in my mind as the most fun this season. (4500 was it? Not too scary, but big water/pushy enough to be challenging and exciting). Looking forward to avoiding the death sieve in Staircase rapid, now that I know its there!
Many IV+s kicked my butt this spring, so I want to be more consistent on high water Eggs (no broken paddles!), AF, upper Wind, etc.
If we are talking "must-run", I would have to say:
Joes/Cottonwood
LFH
BV
Upper Logan
Ogden Narrows
Zion park
local micro-creeks that I happen to like; might not be on other's radar so much:
AF @60-80
Celestial gorge @60-80
ID/WY:
Staircase, Canyon
Greys, Bitch
The "really want to do" list is huge:
Zion Narrows
most CO IVs; Crystal river (because I've looked at those for years), Arkansas, Taylor Canyon (I remember climbing there years ago, and watching the paddlers and thinking, that looks like a blast)
ID: I have heard that E fork of the S fork of the Salmon is the best IV in ID.
Lochsa, Selway, MFS, ha ha, why not? So many classics, so little time.
OR/WA: another semi-endless list. Upper Wind may be the best run I've ever done (way harder and scarier than Staircase; another one that kicked my butt; so not quite as high on the fun scale... yet).
EF Lewis: a mega-classic waterfall run.
Orletta (the IV section above Middle White Salmon).
I need to be more comfortable on the upper Wind before trying Farmlands.
CA: never even paddled there! Gimme a III/IV hit list someone.
Costa Rica: what is that epic IV run called again?

Oh yeah, and Spanish Fork, with Brian, before they put it in a pipe. Never done it ;-).

Last edited by wasatchbill on Sat 30 Oct 2010, 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Sat 30 Oct 2010, 5:45 pm

Hey Bill I'll do SF with ya too. I've done it in a kayak, squirt boat and C1, just need to cross it off the open boat list.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Sat 30 Oct 2010, 9:17 pm

Yeah that was always your babied run. You did the write up, and I swam like a drunk fish when I first started out.