Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Ogden Narrows or Scrambled Egg Bend on Saturday

+2
wasatchbill
jdoerr
6 posters

Go down

Ogden Narrows or Scrambled Egg Bend on Saturday Empty Ogden Narrows or Scrambled Egg Bend on Saturday

Post by jdoerr Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

Not sure if will have enough water but wondering about the Eggs or the Ogden Narrows on Saturday, preferably in the morning if there will be any water and if so, any takers to do one, either, or both if possible. If not, anything else worthwhile down that way since will be that way on Saturday.

Thanks

Jeff

jdoerr

Paddling Since : 1991

Back to top Go down

Ogden Narrows or Scrambled Egg Bend on Saturday Empty Re: Ogden Narrows or Scrambled Egg Bend on Saturday

Post by wasatchbill Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:43 pm

Hi Jeff,
Lack of water is the issue these days. The Eggs bumped up with the thunderstorms on July 5-6-7; but its pretty low now. Its possible the Eggs bend would be doable as a low water run, depending on the amount of the powerplant diversion. I doubt the Eggs runout is doable, which means hiking laps on the bend, then hiking back upstream to the car.

I'd be willing to do the Narrows at 130; but it can't even hold that level; it was 130 3 days ago. It just bumped "up" to 99, which is pretty dang low. It will float a boat, depending on your bump tolerance.

Hen-tag is running at 561, which is decent. That is probably the best run around these days.

The Crystal wave on the Ogden below Wall ave is still mellow fun; although it was crowded with about 80 kids on tubes yesterday, along with a group of hobos sleeping and drinking on the bank. Kinda strange; I still had fun surfing though.
Bill
P.S. I am always up for the Front Ogden climbing gym in the evenings, if anyone wants to check it out. Would also be a good time to mtn bike the Snowbasin loop to the Coldwater canyon overlook.

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Ogden Narrows or Scrambled Egg Bend on Saturday Empty Re: Ogden Narrows or Scrambled Egg Bend on Saturday

Post by jdoerr Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

Thanks for the information. I guess I will pass and possibly wait for more water. What is the Joes Valley run like? I guess there are some going that way for Saturday? or is the 6th Water worth the drive?

Thanks

Jeff

jdoerr

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:27 pm

Go to Idaho dude nothing is running here.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:57 pm

Boise, Banks or Jackson is where I would be if travel wasn't an issue.

Sixth water is fun if you haven't done it before, but it is always running so no rush. It is low volume, steep with about six 8-12' falls if you count the spillway and split up the two tiered 25' falls. Then a short and steep boat hike to do another lap. Did three laps in about 2 hours with some breaks in between. At 30 cfs expect to put some scratches in your boat. More fun if you go with a bunch of friends and at least one who has done it before.

I have only done Joes at 1100 and 250 so I don't know exactly what to expect in there at 180 cfs. I imagine there will be bony spots, some boulder dodging, and a few narrow chutes. The water is pretty and the canyon is neat. Plus, you get a two for one if you like to boulder and climb. I will be heading there tomorrow with a playboat and a couple friends. You are welcome to come check it out.

If neither of these sound fun or maybe just too much of a drive, Hen-tag or head north Smile

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

Hen Tag is a fun little playboat run if you are already in the area; since nothing else is running. There is good attaining and rock slalom in the rock garden too. Its a good SUP run for the experts (a bit shallow for falling off). Some earplugs help with the train noise and interstate noise.

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by jdoerr Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

Thanks for the info. I am up in Idaho but have to take my girls to the airport on Saturday morning so was seeing if anything going. Not sure about the drive for Joes since it sounds like another couple of hours drive already on top getting to the airport. If there are people doing 6th water I could be up for that.
Thanks

Jeff

jdoerr

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sat 14 Jul 2012, 3:19 am

Ya know, heavy rain is in the forecast; 70% chance after noon. We will be watching the Weber@Gateway gauge closely this Saturday 7/14 for a rain bump. Its doable at 550 in my book, and over 650 would be nice. It hit 800-900 last week, with heavy rains.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&begin_date=2012-07-07&end_date=2012-07-14&site_no=10136500

The Ogden Narrows could get a rain bump too. It would not show on the Ogden below Pineview gauge, but it would show on the Gibson gauge.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/uv/?site_no=10140700&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,72020,00010,00095,00300,63680
I expect to be paddling one or the other Saturday afternoon.
Bill
8O1-6O8-1357 cell

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Young Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:28 pm

550 was just fine... you'll have to move around to miss some rocks but thats part of the fun.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sat 14 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

Its raining; but we need more; stay tuned. the Ogden@Gibson bumped 20 cfs; but thats only to 140. Weber@Gateway bumped 45, to 445.
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=MTX&product=N1P&overlay=11111111&loop=yes
We need one of those big impulses in southern Idaho to come on down here Very Happy

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by telekopter2 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 5:34 pm

thanks for the better links Bill. rained here in town. hope it does out east. call me if you're in for a sunday run at joes valley.

telekopter2

Paddling Since : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sat 14 Jul 2012, 6:37 pm

475 07-14-2012 16:30 MDT
I believe this Saturday's scheduled release, I mean rain bump...[was a go on the Ogden, waterfall at least; but there was a riverwide log at the waterfall]...

Last edited by wasatchbill on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by afaust Sat 14 Jul 2012, 7:27 pm

Actual scheduled release? Or is it really just a rain bump?

afaust

Paddling Since : 1492

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sat 14 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

rain, but not enough... yet

Last edited by wasatchbill on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:54 am

Hmm, looks like the Ogden had a rain spike to 180.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/uv/?site_no=10140700&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,72020,00010,00095,00300,63680
I went over there to do the waterfall, but there is a riverwide log right at the waterfall.
There is also a riverwide log on the Weber, below Parker Ave bridge. Heavy winds we had yesterday.

Weber@gateway:
501 07-14-2012 22:30 MDT
Nighttime rain bump.

Flash Flood Watch Remain in Effect for the Great Basin and Desert Southwest
Monsoon flow continues to provide plenty of moisture to spark showers and storms in the western United States. Some of these storms will produce heavy rainfall capable of flash flooding, especially in the Great Basin and Desert Southwest, where Flash Flood Watches are in effect. Moisture levels will start to decrease on Sunday, but storms will still be possible. Remember: Turn Around Don't Drown

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down