Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Trying to Understand Hen-Tag and Echo Reservoir

+3
Jeff Young
Andrew Phillips
Wil
7 posters

Go down

Trying to Understand Hen-Tag and Echo Reservoir Empty Trying to Understand Hen-Tag and Echo Reservoir

Post by Wil Thu 31 May 2012, 11:01 am

I see Hen-Tag is around 540 now, and been coming up the last couple of days. But I thought I read in here that this is below Echo Reservoir, and Echo is now down to 83% volume, the only reservoir in the 80s besides Deer Creek. So should I expect them to release more water, or is 540 going to be as good as it gets this season?

Wil

Paddling Since : 1999

Back to top Go down

Trying to Understand Hen-Tag and Echo Reservoir Empty Re: Trying to Understand Hen-Tag and Echo Reservoir

Post by Andrew Phillips Thu 31 May 2012, 11:51 am

As far as I know they are draining echo to work on the dam so it will probably flow for a while

Andrew Phillips

Paddling Since : 8014

Back to top Go down

Trying to Understand Hen-Tag and Echo Reservoir Empty Re: Trying to Understand Hen-Tag and Echo Reservoir

Post by Jeff Young Thu 31 May 2012, 12:07 pm

Thats actually not an un-normal flow for this time of year. The real head scratcher is figuring out whats up with the actual water level vs the reported flow reported at Gateway. Normally, at 360 cfs, the 89-RW section has plenty of water to boat... this year its actually around 40-70 cfs in that stretch. More diversions? Who knows.... they did have a situation where there was a huge fish kill (or one was supposed to happen) when they turned off the water from Echo, and the farmers decided to open their irrigation diversions at the same time without telling anyone. The whole Weber was dead.. small standing pools of water. What a strange year.
Jeff Young
Jeff Young

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Thu 31 May 2012, 3:16 pm

Getting skunked all year all over:(
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Paddling Since : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by c-dub Thu 31 May 2012, 10:47 pm

Drove by BCC today. Should be running, still enough snow in the mountains for a couple good days. No flow. The upside, if I can survive this year of non-running without breaking a kayak or 4, I can finally buy my duck boat and mud motor(budget blown previous years). Gonna be a Jackson/Payette summer it seems. After this weekends bear releases, minus Hen Tag, the local season appears to be done unless they get Joe's over 200 or the Murtaugh comes back over 1500.
c-dub
c-dub

Paddling Since : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:35 am

Joes over 200 should be in the irrigation-flow cards, right? Or hopefully 240+, after last spring's high water rock-rearranging.
I read a run description of LFH (on AW) saying it can go in the fall sometimes, with irrigation flows; that is now on my wish list.
Jackson/Payettes for sure!! alien

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by wasatchbill Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:53 am

I want to know why Echo is up to 554, but Weber@Gateway is only 360. Weber@gateway was *always* higher than Echo (in the spring anyway; it is downstream after all); until that unfortunate incident at OPP; when they drew the water down for that search and rescue effort, it seems to me that everyone with a diversion gate opened it up, and they've "forgotten" to close them. wtf?
With Weber@Echo at 554, weber@gateway should be 650+, and then the Eggs would be runnable; and 89 to Riverdale.
If 89 to Rdale is way lower than the already-low weber@gateway, that is indeed another *who's got their diversion gates wiiide open* headscratcher. Question Arrow Mad Cool alien sunny

Last edited by wasatchbill on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

wasatchbill

Back to top Go down

Post by LarryS Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:49 am

The reason Gateway is lower is that a lot of the water is used for irrigation in the valley near Morgan. Normally this time of year there would br a lot of water melting off the Wasatch but this year it is already mostly melted

LarryS

Paddling Since : 1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum