Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Utah Rivers
Welcome and thanks for stopping by Utah Rivers.

A free place where Utah whitewater lovers can talk about rivers, meet new people, plan trips, etc...

If you haven't made an account, please do, as it will give you good karma. Help build the lively discussions Smile

By joining you will get....
- No Ads!
- Able to post to any board. Guest are only able to post to "Woah!!!" and "Lost and Found"
- Benefit of helping Utah's boating community grow.
- Great karma.
- Its free!
Utah Rivers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Price Woodside to Swasey's
by Beth Blattenberger Thu 11 May 2017, 1:02 pm

» spanish fork
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» abc?
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

» provo river
by cult Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

» Ocoee Whitewater Canoe For Sale
by andyhoffmann Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

» Bear River Black Canyon Unscheduled Flows...
by charliev Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

» Bear River Black Canyon Extra Big Flows!
by charliev Fri 17 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

» Jackson Fun
by eweiseth Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Flows
AW Utah River Runs Crystal Wave Eddy Flower CUWCD (Provo River) Joe's Valley Price (predicted) WKCC (Mobile Devices) River Forecast Center Murtaugh Evanston Playpark USGS
Statistics
We have 651 registered users
The newest registered user is stallgie

Our users have posted a total of 7794 messages in 1721 subjects

Lots of gear for sale

Go down

Lots of gear for sale Empty Lots of gear for sale

All gear is Peak UK
kayak gear, and is NEW if you want more information on any gear or pictures let
me know, or if you want to see the gear I am in Ogden. I also have about 30
kayaks I will be posting also all Riot Kayaks. thanks

Adventure PFD $58.00
Size (S/M and X/L)

River Guide Vest $100
Size (S/M and XXL)

Air Lite Vest $58
Size (X/S, S/M, L/XL and XL)

Shorts unlined $21
Size (Small thru XXl)

Shorts Lined $36
Size (small thru XXl)

Thermal Rashy short sleeved $29 size (XS , SM, XXL)

Thermal Rashy Long Sleeved $33 size (SM, L/XL and XXl)

Lycra Rashy short sleeved
$20 Size (XS , SM, L/XL and
XXL)

Lycra Rashy Long sleeved
$25 Size (SM, L/XL and XXL)

Standard spray deck $45
size Keyhole (XS, SM, L/XL & XXL) Big Deck (XS,SM &L/XL)

Freeride Spray deck $64
Keyhole (SM, L/XL and XXL)

Creek Spray Deck $67 keyhole (SM, L/XL and XXL) Bigdeck (SM, LXL and XXL)

Neoskin Headcase $14
Size S/M

Neoskin Pants $36
size (XS, L, XL and XXL)

NeoSkin Shorts $30
Size (XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL)

Neoskin Strides $33
Size (XS thru XXL)

NeoSkin Combi Sleeves $15 size (SM , L/XL and XXL)

Stretchskin short sleeved $26 size (XS , SM, L/XL and
XXL)

Stretchskin Long sleeved $33 size (XS , SM, L/XL and
XXL)

Combi short Jacket (drytop) $125 Size/color (blue: XS
thru XL) (orange XS,S, XL)

River Knife $10

Roof Srtaps 3meter $8
5meter $10

Dry bags (red) 5L$11 10L $13 20L $16 40L $18

Dry rucksack (dry bag/backpack) 25L$40 and 70L $60

Pogie $20 only have one pair

Nylor spray skirts $25 size (Large and XL)

River rescue thro bags
Size: 8M $18 16M $28 25M $35

Tourlite Hoody Rain jacket $80 XXL

Long John wetsuit (Large) $55

Full wet suit (large) $75

Split stern Airbags $20 Pair

Smileys nose plugs $6

Last edited by Troy Green on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New prices)
Troy Green

Paddling Since : 2003

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Lots of gear for sale :: Comments

Post Fri 17 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm by Casey R.

These prices are nearly as high as the retail prices listed on the Peakuk website.

The per unit price this stuff was purchased for at the auction was between 70-80% off of retail. I understand a guy's got to make a profit, but you could cut your prices in half and still more than double your money. I'll pass.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm by Troy Green

All gear is at least 20% lower than Peakuk website. Sorry you are not happy but I have to start somewhere. Stores buy there gear for a lot less than they sell it for also. I am open to offers on gear.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm by Wil

I feel the same way as Casey. I bought some PeakUK stuff from their US seller a couple years ago (he was in Utah and maybe he went belly up and this is the remains), but he was selling it at almost 50% off at the time. But to be 100% honest, the dry deck I got, along with a throw bag and a Neoprene beanie weren't really great. Maybe their other gear is better. Not sure if you are a boater Troy, but are you really wanting to make a 300% profit from your brethren? I know you gotta pick a price point to start, but show your brothers some love.

Back to top Go down

johnnie a.

Post Fri 17 Feb 2012, 6:22 pm by johnnie a.

Dear Jackson Kayaks,

I see that you're retailing the new Zen 75 for $1149. I boat a lot, and haven't washed my polypro since Eisenhower was in the White House. May I please get one for $6.47? If not, I will not include Dane and Emily in any of my prayers!!!

John Allsen

BTW... Not sure if Troy's ankles are boaters(Obviously, Troy's not a boater as he only has 2 posts on this forum!!!!!!!), but the rocks at the base of Upper Provo Falls know they are...

Back to top Go down

Mark B.

Post Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:03 am by Mark B.

Apples to Oranges

Troy is not a kayak company.

What I mean by that: I am willing to purchase gear from reputable dealers like REI, Wasatch Touring, Jackson Kayaks etc. at a retail (or near retail) price because they will stand behind their product and warrantee it if anything happens to it or if it doesn't fit quite right. Also their inventory is composed of the latest products. I also recognize they have high overhead because of the employees who help me make the right purchase and their storefront costs.

I am NOT willing to purchase gear from a random person at slightly less than retail prices because I can't assume he'll stand behind his products and warrantee it 2 years down the road. Also the inventory is a few years old and composed of items that slowly deteriorate from sitting on the shelf, like gaskets for example. It also doesn't help to know he got everything listed here (and tons more) for dirt cheap at an auction. How cheap? A little over 12k. Putting that in perspective, if he sold ONLY the sprayskirts listed here at their current prices it would add up to well over 12k. So add it all in at current asking prices it's more like 500-800% profit.

But hey, you got to give the guy credit for making a savvy business move and he deserves to get a return on the investment.

He said he's taking offers, so the best thing people can do is make an offer you're happy with. If you get it, then be happy. If not, it means other people were willing to pay more and therefore you can't blame him for getting the highest return. This isn't a charity, but it's also fair to point out that this gear isn't worth 20% off of retail.

I'll now step off my soapbox.

FWIW - Mark

Back to top Go down

johnnie a.

Post Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:40 am by johnnie a.

very good points! extremely well written! amen!

Back to top Go down

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Post Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:27 pm by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

The thing is most of us that have been around the right people know how to get the newest, and best gear on a pro-deal. Peak UK sucks, and their stuff leaks like hell brand new. If you wanted any of that gear you should have bought it from Ken when it was 50% off not now at 20% off. That being said being someone who has done well on auctions in the past Troy could still do good at 50% off retail or more.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm by Alan Clark

I will pay you what you are asking for a xl skirt for a large cockpit and an xxl drytop

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:47 am by riverstud222

Is there anyone who IS buying some of this stuff at these prices?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 20 Feb 2012, 2:54 am by toomuchtime

Too much time on my hands. Made an estimate of the total retail value of all the liquidation gear. DISCLAIMER!!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY OF THIS GEAR. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT CONDITION IT IS IN OR IF THE QUANTITY ESTIMATES FROM THE AUCTION ARE ACCURATE. I MADE MANY GUESSES AT WHAT AN ITEM WAS AND HOW MUCH IT WAS WORTH. I USED RETAIL PRICES IN MANY INSTANCES SO THE WINNER OF THE AUCTION COULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED TO EVER SELL THESE ITEMS FOR THE PRICES LISTED. THIS WAS A RANDOM WAY TO USE MY TIME AND I HOPE NO ONE READS INTO IT TOO MUCH.

The inventory for the liquidation was pulled from the auction listing. I used the retail values from the peak uk webstore and used sale prices and all other lowest prices I saw. These were in GBP so I had to convert to USD. A few items weren't on the webstore so I used prices of comparable items from NRS. For the kayaks I assigned them a value that I would call a very good to excellent buy were I recommending it to a friend. It was unclear what models some were and of course I don't know the conditions. For the skis/wakeboards etc I did a google shopping search and picked the lowest price from the first page or results. There were several items I didn't include.

If I made a mistake or you think I should have done it differently somehow post about it and go ahead and edit the spreadsheet if you think you have a good enough reason.

Here's the spreadsheet.
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah18-8s2b9rJdF9vclh5UmFweWJlSjdIcWtjWFVObnc

(This account is new so it won't let me post external links. Just paste this url into the address bar.)

The total value I came up with was $108,905.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:00 am by Alan Clark

Too much time, sounds like I should have bought the gear.... Sweet investment Troy !!

Back to top Go down

Augie

Post Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:50 am by Augie

I sent a pm days ago but havent got a reply. My wife wanted to look at the Stretchskin top for snorkeling. Augie cell number-ate oh won 2 oh won ate 2 oh five

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:39 pm by Troy Green

Sorry for those that have tried to reach me I have been doing family stuff the last few days. Also I have decided to take off another 15% off (total of 35% off retail) I will post a new price list by the 21st . There may be some still not happy but they may never be happy. I will also get all the boats listed this week also.

On the spreadsheet that is really nice I did not make one so that nice. So I hope you don't mind me using this. I also estimated the gear less than that as a total value.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:37 pm by toomuchtime

The prices listed above ARE 35% off retail. If you took another 15% off it would be down to 50% off retail. Yah, the spread sheet uses retail values so it's obviously not worth the number listed as far as being able to sell it all for that much. Just curious, were there duplicate entries on the inventory list. Some of the same items showed up in different lots. Tow-lines, bagz shorts, sprayskirts... If there were dupe entries it would drop the value of the whole thing quite a bit.

Use the spreadsheet to your hearts content. Do I get a commission? Very Happy Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to expose you or pry into your business or something. I've been involved in a kayak store liquidation before so I guess that's why I'm so curious. That and I wouldn't mind picking up some sweet gear of course.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:42 am by Troy Green

I have updated the price list the total off is 35% retail.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:45 am by Hotchkiss

Great deals. If you covered your costs, you should make a killing

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 24 Feb 2012, 8:41 pm by afaust

Can you send me pictures of the 40 L dry bag, the 70 L ruck sack and a 25 M throw bag?

AJ

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:55 pm by riverstud222

Depending on how they fit and if the price is right I'd like to take a look at...

Thermal Rashy short sleeved size SM

Creek Spray Deck keyhole SM tube large key

Neoskin Headcase

River rescue throw bags
16M or 25M

What time will you be around?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:51 am by Troy Green

I will be down at 11:30 and will be leaving the provo area at about 4.

Let me know what is a good time to meet and place for you and I can be there.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm by riverstud222

This is tuesday right? If so I can meet anytime after 1:30. My place works or anywhere really.

Kyle (206)923-8374

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down